Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

I'm failed at 4%, too.
    Any solutions?

Global Posts
    335 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cjbi View Post
    I'm failed at 4%, too.
    Any solutions?
    From what I understand at 4% it should tell you communication has been lost, right? When that happens you need to pull the USB cable from the phone, then re-insert it and click the "restart" button on the tool/updater. This in most cases seems to make it work, the 4% point is "step 11" in thread. How did you brick, did you flash the update from your custom recovery?

ROM
    CM7 Gingerbread

Default Bricked my Optimus

So I unrooted and restored my phone to stock, then updated to vc using the updater, then re rooted. When i realized that titanium backup didn't restore texts, i did a nand restore to before i did all that stuff, in an effort to backup the texts and backed them up using a seperate app. i then booted into recovery again and tried to restore the nand backup from AFTER i updated and rerooted. it went for a while until the screen was nothing but little white periods and then i got tired of it, googled it, and was told to pull the battery. so i did, and when i tried to boot back up, i get stuck on the lg logo screen and didn't get anywhere. Just an fyi to anyone else out there that doing those things, in that order, can brick your phone. I haven't found a method yet that lets me un brick, so it's looking like a trip to the sprint store is in order. If anyone has any tips, please pass them on.

Have you tried this yet? http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-o...using-kdz.html
    Can you get into recovery?

Can you get to recovery?

Edit - @capt
    jinx! Lol
    [CENTER][URL="https://plus.google.com/u/0/+KPSmith/posts"]Follow me on Google +

ROM
    Customized GB.

Quote Originally Posted by nikc4 View Post
    So I unrooted and restored my phone to stock, then updated to vc using the updater, then re rooted. When i realized that titanium backup didn't restore texts, i did a nand restore to before i did all that stuff, in an effort to backup the texts and backed them up using a seperate app. i then booted into recovery again and tried to restore the nand backup from AFTER i updated and rerooted. it went for a while until the screen was nothing but little white periods and then i got tired of it, googled it, and was told to pull the battery. so i did, and when i tried to boot back up, i get stuck on the lg logo screen and didn't get anywhere. Just an fyi to anyone else out there that doing those things, in that order, can brick your phone. I haven't found a method yet that lets me un brick, so it's looking like a trip to the sprint store is in order. If anyone has any tips, please pass them on.
    Try removing your battery and your sd card, wait 10 minutes, install battery but not sd card, and try powering up. If that doesn't work, remove battery and wait 10 minutes again, and try booting to custom recovery and if successful, boot from there. Good luck.

ROM
    CM7 Gingerbread

Quote Originally Posted by captmeach7 View Post
    Have you tried this yet? http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-o...using-kdz.html
    Can you get into recovery?
    Quote Originally Posted by KSmithInNY View Post
    Can you get to recovery?

Edit - @capt
    jinx! Lol
    No, i can't get into recovery, and no, i can't unbrick with the kdz method. I'm currently attempting Beezy's "Pure Awesome" Method, to see if it works, and if not, i'll try the battery trick O.a.T is recommending. Thanks for the help.

Edit: The Pure Awesome method worked, my phone functions again. I'm gonna be careful with this thing now.
    Last edited by nikc4; 02-13-2011 at 12:07 PM.

Will merge this thread with that
    [CENTER][URL="https://plus.google.com/u/0/+KPSmith/posts"]Follow me on Google +

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts

A HUGE THANK YOU!!!!

This fixed my VCRom 007 brick!!!!!

EDITED TO ADD:

This is weird. When it booted up, all of my icons and home layout was exactly how it was before I applied the VCRom 007. ???? I didn't expect that to happen

Quote Originally Posted by JINXR View Post
    This is weird. When it booted up, all of my icons and home layout was exactly how it was before I applied the VCRom 007. ???? I didn't expect that to happen
    That information is contained in /data. If /data isn't cleared you'll have remnants of previous installs which may or may not be useful in your new ROM.

If you wipe /data and /cache from the recovery menu, everything will start rebuilding from scratch, except for the stuff you have installed in /system (like superuser/root).
    [How-To] Rooting LS670ZVH
    Installed ZVH by mistake? Use simple update.zip to revert to ZVD / Froyo

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts

Well, it's bricked again. I noticed that the home button wasn't working, so I tried shutting it off and turning it back on. But it's stuck at the LG screen again. When I shut it off, I only had 17 percent battery remaining. I'm worried about running out of battery. Should I go through this process again?

Global Posts
    335 Global Posts

Well, it's bricked again. I noticed that the home button wasn't working, so I tried shutting it off and turning it back on. But it's stuck at the LG screen again. When I shut it off, I only had 17 percent battery remaining. I'm worried about running out of battery. Should I go through this process again?
    Can you boot to recovery right now? If so while in recovery, wipe/factory reset <from recovery only!

Plug it in for a bit and let it charge before doing the process again if you cant boot into recovery.

Even if you can boot to recovery, I would charge that battery.

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cordell View Post
    Can you boot to recovery right now? If so while in recovery, wipe/factory reset <from recovery only!

Plug it in for a bit and let it charge before doing the process again if you cant boot into recovery.
    No, I couldn't get into recovery. I went through the process again. Didn't even use the battery until it was done. I went straight into recovery and wiped everything. Hopefully I won't have anymore issues. Looks like this method has saved my **** twice today.

I'm happy you got it resolved, but it seems strange that your unit would brick on its own during normal operations when you aren't doing any flashing (or is that too much of an assumption?)

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts

Nope, I hadn't done anything with it since going through the un-brick process.

I do think that I forgot to wipe everything when I flashed the VCRom007 onto it. Maybe that's what caused the reboot brick? I'm about to reboot it again. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

ETA: Rebooted just fine!

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts

Bricked again. Tried using Z4Root after noticing I no longer had root access. It went through some of it's process before the program shut off. I tried opening it again and it immediately force closed. Checked root status with Root Checker. Still no root. Tried to reboot the phone and it's stuck at the LG screen again. Bricked.

Gonna try this un-brick method one more time and if it works, I'm not messing with my phone ANYMORE.

I really think something else is going on with your phone. z4root shouldn't be bricking your phone. It is just running something like the rage exploit and moving some files around.

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts

Update. When I tried getting into Emergency Mode, only the buttons lit up. The screen was blank but flashed on and off again a couple of times. Then the recovery menu popped up. ??? Weird, but whatever. So I wiped everything and I applied a nandroid backup that I saved before ever tried flashing the VCRom 007. So far, it seems to be working ok.

Global Posts
    335 Global Posts

Update. When I tried getting into Emergency Mode, only the buttons lit up. The screen was blank but flashed on and off again a couple of times. Then the recovery menu popped up. ??? Weird, but whatever. So I wiped everything and I applied a nandroid backup that I saved before ever tried flashing the VCRom 007. So far, it seems to be working ok.
    Sounds like he restored V9 then flashed VC with the V9 radio...

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cordell View Post
    Sounds like he restored V9 then flashed VC with the V9 radio...
    Here's what I did:

1) Updated to VC using the LG Update tool on my computer

2) Rooted using ADB

3) Installed Custom Recovery

4) Performed a Nandroid backup and installed VCRom 007. Forgot to wipe everything. Phone booted to the Nexus splash screen then rebooted itself and was bricked.

5) Used this method to un-brick it using the VC cab. Phone booted up, my stuff from before the VCRom 007 was still there. Home button didn't work so I tried turning it off and turning it back on to see if that would fix it. Phone was bricked again.

6) Used this method to un-brick it again using the VC cab. Immediately went into Custom Recovery and wiped everything. Phone booted up normally and I went through the initial setup procedure. Got all my apps downloaded and noticed I wasn't rooted anymore. So I tried using Z4Root rather than go through the long process again. Z4Root crashed. I tried turning my phone off and on, but it was bricked again. Couldn't even get into recovery.

7) Started to use this method again to un-brick it. As I was trying to get the phone into Emergency Mode, it booted up into Recovery instead. So I immediately restored my nandroid backup from step 4.

My phone is still not rooted and I doubt I'll even try rooting it again. I had a Hero running all kinds of custom roms before this phone and never had an issue.

I too have made it to the end of the process and get this

09:17:24 : wParam : 7, lParam = 100
    09:17:50 : wParam : 20, lParam = 110
    09:17:50 : MODEL DLL Event : (20, 110)
    09:17:51 : Model Dll Msg Not Found(20, 110)
    09:17:51 : wParam : 8, lParam = 0
    09:17:51 : MODEL DLL Event : (8, 0)
    09:18:16 : wParam : 100, lParam = 89
    09:18:16 : MODEL DLL Event : (100, 89)
    09:18:16 : CleanModelDll() : Free Model.dll
    09:18:16 : _DetachDLL Call
    09:18:16 : _DetachDLL Call End
    09:18:16 : FreeLibrary Call
    09:18:18 : FreeLibrary Call End
    09:18:18 : wParam : 20, lParam = 0
    09:18:18 : MODEL DLL Event : (20, 0)
    09:18:19 : Model Dll Msg Not Found(20, 0)
    09:18:19 : Page_Error κԴϴ
    09:18:19 : Retry κԴϴ
    09:18:22 : Call Retry Thread
    09:18:22 : Checking the connection with the cell phone...
    09:18:22 : Checking the connection with the cell phone...
    09:18:22 : dwWaitResetTime(40000 ms)
    09:18:26 : _IsConnectedPhone Call
    09:18:26 : _IsConnectedPhone(0)
    09:18:26 : 0 - NotConnected.
    09:18:26 : 1 - Normal connect success
    09:18:26 : 2 - Emergency connect success
    09:18:30 : _IsConnectedPhone Call
    09:18:30 : _IsConnectedPhone(0)
    09:18:30 : 0 - NotConnected.
    09:18:30 : 1 - Normal connect success

only to get stuck at the silver LG splash

Managed to get it going again... had access to recovery and followed steps 13 on from
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-o...urn-stock.html

seems to like to freeze up quite a bit and then i get stuck back at the silver lg logo hafta pull the battery numerous times and it will finally boot back into the phone.
    Last edited by Ruff; 02-16-2011 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Maybe :(

Having same issues as a few others, phone attempts to restart at end of flashing the .cab file and fails to reboot, stays stuck at LG Logo.

Are there any other .cab files available to flash through this Utility? Like for bootloader, recovery, etc?

i managed to get back in to mine after doing this unbrick method only by removing the sdcard and pulling the battery and replacing it numerous times it eventually gets past silver LG boot logo and shows the sprint logo and then on in to the phone as it should, but if i replace the sdcard it makes the phone unresponsive and i have to pull the battery yet again

Have you tried a different sdcard?
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast