EASY way to get the sprint auto DL to STOP...

jmzsctt

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I have found a way to get the Auto Download notification to stop popping up on my phone every 5 mins. Next time it pops up just push the button that say ?More Info? and when that screen comes up just pull your battery put it back in and restart your phone. :-!

Reactions: BronYrAur

apinkel

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately it appears that eventually the notification will come back since the update software knows that the update hasn't yet been applied.

The fixes being done to get rid of the notification fool the system into thinking the update is complete so if you go check for new updates it won't find any.

ws1088

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately it appears that eventually the notification will come back since the update software knows that the update hasn't yet been applied.

The fixes being done to get rid of the notification fool the system into thinking the update is complete so if you go check for new updates it won't find any.

can we find out which site it is checking/pulling the updates and use adsfree app to blacklist the IP/hostname?

jmzsctt

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
The only way I have gotten the notifications to come back is to go mess with the “system update” feature which I have found easy to avoid.

jeffreynothing43

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
For the n00bs, - what file would that be?

Originally Posted by beezy
It's simple if you have thunderom flash the zip i made. If your running lego rom there's a post by zefie's with all the flashable build.props that will stop the update from poping up.
If your root and running stock then get root explorer then give it permission go to system/etc/security/ the otacerts.zip is in there delete rename it do whatever you want to it.

Reactions: blackops1125

rmay

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Originally Posted by beezy
It's simple if you have thunderom flash the zip i made. If your running lego rom there's a post by zefie's with all the flashable build.props that will stop the update from poping up.
If your root and running stock then get root explorer then give it permission go to system/etc/security/ the otacerts.zip is in there delete rename it do whatever you want to it.
The last part - if you're rooted & running stock - doesn't work. Prompts went away after deleting the otacerts.zip & rebooting. Later in the day when I rebooted again, prompts returned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elizabethstephen