Pre-rooted stock LS670ZVC nandroid dump (if it helps anyone)

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
While mucking around my system today, I decided to make a nandroid backup of a stock, rooted VC system. Includes Xionia 007 kernel, Superuser, Quick Boot and the stock Froyo launcher. Oh and Sprint ID is nowhere to be found :p

(Guess you can't really call it stock, then)

Hope this helps someone :)

NOTE: This backup was made with zefie's Xionia Clockwork (CWMA v1.2518.3) and will work with drellisdee's Custom Recovery kernel.

Have fun, kids :p
StockRootedNoSID.rar

Basic Instructions:
1) Unrar the above file and place the folder "BCDRS-20110213-2033" in the "clockworkmod/backup" or "nandroid/mem=477M" folder on your sdcard.
2) Boot into the recovery kernel.

For Xionia Clockwork:
3) Select "backup and restore"
4) Select "restore"
5) Select "BCDRS-20110213-2033"
6) After it does it's thing, reboot.

For drellisdee's Custom Recovery:
3) Select "Backup/Restore"
4) Select "Nand Restore"
5) Select "mem=477M"
6) Select "BCDRS-20110213-2033"
7) Follow the on-screen instructions
8) After it does it's thing, reboot.

Last edited:

zefie

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
While mucking around my system today, I decided to make a nandroid backup of a stock, rooted VC system. Includes Xionia 007, Superuser, Quick Boot and a few extras. Oh and Sprint ID is nowhere to be found :p

(Guess you can't really call it stock, then)

Hope this helps someone :)

NOTE: This backup was made with zefie's Xionia Clockwork (CWMA v1.2518.2) and WILL NOT WORK with drellisdee's Custom Recovery kernel. If I get enough requests I will upload a nandroid dump of the exact same system compatible with drellisdee's Custom Recovery kernel.

Have fun, kids :p
XioniaBackupNoSIDRooted.rar

Basic Instructions:
1) Unrar the above file and place the folder "2011-02-12.21.51.47" in the "clockworkmod/backup" folder on your sdcard.
2) Boot into Xionia Clockwork recovery kernel.
3) Select "backup and restore"
4) Select "restore"
5) Select "2011-02-12.21.51.47"
6) After it does it's thing, reboot.

Rename it to BCDRS-20110212-2157 and it will work in both.
You can even extract that into the clockworkmod backup folder instead of the old nandroid folder if you are on Xionia CWMA :)

But I'd install Xionia CWMA v1.2518.3 and redump because there was a nandroid bug in .2.

Format:
New: 2011-02-12.21.51.47
Old: BCDRS-20110212-2157

New: %Y-%m-%d.%H.%M.%S
Old: BCDRS-%Y%m%d-%H%M

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Ok, right now I'm on v9 with TR, have custom recovery. For future customization I want to have vc and be rooted. So, if I were to place this in my custom recovery and recover it I would at least have vc and be rooted and merely retrieve any saved apps from backup. Also I would be prepared for any custom ROMs based on vc. Would I still retain the custom backup and recovery I have and would I be able to use it to revert back to v9 and Tr if I wanted? Or do I have it all wrong? Thx

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
So if I flash this I don't have to go through the whole stock to update to crazy complicated root process?
This is the VC OS. If you restore this, you'll have the VC OS, but you won't have the VC Radio (only way we know to get that so far is to install the VC update)

Some people mentioned earlier that they had strange problems with Hands Free Activation from the VC OS running with the V9 radio. I never went that path so can't verify. If there is a dependency between VC OS and VC Radio, which a couple of people seem to have experienced, then you'll still have to install the VC update to get the VC radio to go along with the VC OS.

Of course, if you don't care about what is in VC, then just keep running what you are running.

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
This is the VC OS. If you restore this, you'll have the VC OS, but you won't have the VC Radio (only way we know to get that so far is to install the VC update)

Some people mentioned earlier that they had strange problems with Hands Free Activation from the VC OS running with the V9 radio. I never went that path so can't verify. If there is a dependency between VC OS and VC Radio, which a couple of people seem to have experienced, then you'll still have to install the VC update to get the VC radio to go along with the VC OS.

Of course, if you don't care about what is in VC, then just keep running what you are running.

Would it be possible to do this then run the update? I'm actually happy with what I have yet if all new development is geared toward vc I want to be prepared.

Ok, I realize it is possible...what I mean is would it be successful. I am thinking it may not be because from what I undetstand the update takes away root access. Yet if you are already rooted in vc os and just updating for the radio then maybe not... stupid updates.

Last edited:

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Would it be possible to do this then run the update? I'm actually happy with what I have yet if all new development is geared toward vc I want to be prepared.
If you want VC, your best bet is to follow the path others have taken, which is to restore stock and let the LG Software Updater tool install VC for you.

There are other possible ways it could be done and I'm sure some steps could be skipped in the name of efficiency, but the chances of something going wrong are higher as less people have done a particular path and sometimes people don't remember the gotchas until after you mention something went wrong because they aren't fresh on their mind.

For example, one hiccup with what you suggest might be when you install the NANDROID backup of VC here, it might alter the version to VC. Then if you try to run the LG Software Updater tool, it might refuse to upgrade (and thus upgrade the radio) because it thinks you are up to date. I'm not saying this is definitely going to happen, but it is something that could happen.

Reactions: CarrieK

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I don't see anyamazing benefits to moving to vc right now. Not getting the nags and everything is running smoothly with what I have, and I have it the way I want it :D Thanks for everything you guys do!

Anonamoose

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
Thanks mate my backup was throwing an error code and my phone was messing up royally going from cyanogen back to nrom. This was just what I needed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87