How to: Update your rooted V9/VC baseband Optimus S to VD w/out losing all your data.

the_mastermind

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Ok so im stuck here

1. Downgraded from ZVD to V9
2. need to root with z4root and then install custom recovery

i cant install z4root on my phone even with the v9. astro file manager says its unable to open the file. i've downloaded z4root from 2 different forums and my phone gives me the same problem

any help? im so close but so far!!

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Ok so im stuck here

1. Downgraded from ZVD to V9
2. need to root with z4root and then install custom recovery

i cant install z4root on my phone even with the v9. astro file manager says its unable to open the file. i've downloaded z4root from 2 different forums and my phone gives me the same problem

any help? im so close but so far!!

Download from here
[APP] z4root - xda-developers

Place in your adb tools directory (whereever adb.exe is)

In command prompt, type:
adb install z4root.1.3.0.apk

Alternately, you could just place it in the /data/app directory on your phone and reboot.

bobbb

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Thanks!!!!!!!!!! but one question do you have to do a nand.... why cant you just install w/e rom of your choice without flashing over the nand

jcwxguy

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
nands are your friend in case anything goes wrong, always good to have one from a working rom :) some people have flashed straight to ThundeRom without issues but dont blame me if anything go wrong.

Last edited:

the_mastermind

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
so i updated using the LGMobile update tool, and flashed a custom rom.

so all i need to do is clear the dalvik cache and the regular cache?

after that do i need to reflash my rom?

i flashed the NamelessROM, all it says is EV all the time

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
so i updated using the LGMobile update tool, and flashed a custom rom.

so all i need to do is clear the dalvik cache and the regular cache?

after that do i need to reflash my rom?

i flashed the NamelessROM, all it says is EV all the time

EV is 3G. Threw a lot of us off because we are accustomed to seeing 3G instead. If everything is working I see no need to reflash.

cr33p

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Need help please. This weekend I downgraded to Zv9 , rooted, and flashed CM7, I forgot to make a nandroid and also forgot to update to ZVD, can I use the LG Updater to get the proper radio update and then flash the newest NamelessRom?

Tks :)

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Need help please. This weekend I downgraded to Zv9 , rooted, and flashed CM7, I forgot to make a nandroid and also forgot to update to ZVD, can I use the LG Updater to get the proper radio update and then flash the newest NamelessRom?
Yes you can do that. I would wipe cache, dalvik after the flash and if it starts behaving strangely, then wipe data also. Obviously wiping data would mean reinstalling your apps and data.

cr33p

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Yes you can do that. I would wipe cache, dalvik after the flash and if it starts behaving strangely, then wipe data also. Obviously wiping data would mean reinstalling your apps and data.

Im not too concerned with existing apps, or installed CM7 rom, I just wanted to be sure I didnt make a brick out of the phone :) I also didnt see wipe dalvik in the xinonia recovery?

Tks

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Im not too concerned with existing apps, or installed CM7 rom, I just wanted to be sure I didnt make a brick out of the phone :) I also didnt see wipe dalvik in the xinonia recovery?
After you update to ZVD, just follow the CM7 install instructions from the beginning (including the notes section) and everything should be fine.

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
This is driving me insane!!

I'm trying to update my baseband, but LGMobile Support Tool keeps saying "The Cell phone is the latest version already. So you don't need to update."

How would I go about fixing this?

spenfive

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, just wasnt sure, when i tether, my connection is stupidly slow, if it connects at all, i guess i will have to wait till my internet is up ana going again.