Gingersnap Root Utility (one-click ROOT!!!) Multi-Platform

biggjoe

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Drew,

THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was beginning to have doubts as to if I performed all of the steps correctly...you have now put my mind at ease!!

I'm interested to hear more about and compare Reborn vs. CM7????????

I know that this question resides outside of the confines of this specific thread, so I will begin searching the forums.

However, I did notice in your profile, that you are using: Reborn ROM v2.1.

That being the case, would you mind sharing your experience with Reborn ROM v2.1? Perhaps why you chose it over CM7?

Also, is there some kind of BootMGR that can boot-up different ROMs? If so, is this recommended?

Also, I'm now looking for a good backup/recovery app...what do you recommend?

Thanks a Million!!!!!!!!!!

BJ

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Drew,

THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was beginning to have doubts as to if I performed all of the steps correctly...you have now put my mind at ease!!

I'm interested to hear more about and compare Reborn vs. CM7????????

I know that this question resides outside of the confines of this specific thread, so I will begin searching the forums.

However, I did notice in your profile, that you are using: Reborn ROM v2.1.

That being the case, would you mind sharing your experience with Reborn ROM v2.1? Perhaps why you chose it over CM7?

Also, is there some kind of BootMGR that can boot-up different ROMs? If so, is this recommended?

Also, I'm now looking for a good backup/recovery app...what do you recommend?

Thanks a Million!!!!!!!!!!

BJ

My personal experience with Reborn 2.1 has been really good, actually. I've had no issues with performance/compatibility/etc and it even has the notification power widget (I think that's what it's called) from CM7. The main reason I chose it over CM7 is the pure fact that I use a bluetooth headseat which AFAIK does not work with the current CM7 builds.

Unfortunately there is no Boot Manager that can boot different ROMs. At least not that I know of.

As for backup/recovery, I highly recommend Titanium Backup for app backups, which is available in the Market. For backing up your entire system in case of catastrophic failure, use a custom recovery kernel such as Xionia CWMA.

biggjoe

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Drew,

Since there is no BootMGR, is it possible to have both CM7 and RebornROM on the same SD Card and manually boot into one or the other?

BJ

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Drew,

Since there is no BootMGR, is it possible to have both CM7 and RebornROM on the same SD Card and manually boot into one or the other?

BJ

Yes and no. You can have both ROM zips on your SD card but to switch between the two requires reflashing which also requires a full data wipe. While Android-powered devices are similar to computers, they generally do not have the ability to multi-boot.

Reactions: biggjoe

sblood86

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Yes and no. You can have both ROM zips on your SD card but to switch between the two requires reflashing which also requires a full data wipe. While Android-powered devices are similar to computers, they generally do not have the ability to multi-boot.

Some people do choose however to run multiple nandroids of different roms and just backup/restore constantly. Personally I find it too much hassle.

Reactions: biggjoe

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer