how do you un-root Ginerbreak root

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
ok so i am rooted using the LS670ZVD with GingerBreak root method STOCK ROM. I just rooted to be able to use a couple of certian Apps...and yes i read the un-root by Zifie, the problem is the 2) Download GNM's v1.1.0 Recovery Kernel is not there to download, 3) Download flash_image is also not there to download. So does this method work for this, or is there a different one.

So again my phone is rooted but i did not change the rom so how do i remove the root process so i can bring my phone in for repair if need?

Ok i did fine a update post that fixed the broken links of the 2 files.

Last edited:

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
ok so i am not rooted using the LS670ZVD with GingerBreak root method STOCK ROM. I just rooted to be able to use a couple of certian Apps...and yes i read the un-root by Zifie, the problem is the 2) Download GNM's v1.1.0 Recovery Kernel is not there to download, 3) Download flash_image is also not there to download. So does this method work for this, or is there a different one.

So again my phone is rooted but i did not change the rom so how do i remove the root process so i can bring my phone in for repair if need?

Ok i did fine a update post that fixed the broken links of the 2 files.

1) Flash the stock V9 recovery image.
2) Remove all of your apps that need superuser access (DO NOT remove Superuser yet)
3) Fire up ADB shell and do the following:
Code:
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /system /system
rm /system/bin/su
rm /system/xbin/su
rm /system/bin/busybox
rm /system/xbin/busybox
Some of those "rm" commands may display an error message. Don't freak out, that's to be expected.

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
1) Flash the stock V9 recovery image.
2) Remove all of your apps that need superuser access (DO NOT remove Superuser yet)
3) Fire up ADB shell and do the following:
Code:
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /system /system
rm /system/bin/su
rm /system/xbin/su
rm /system/bin/busybox
rm /system/xbin/busybox
Some of those "rm" commands may display an error message. Don't freak out, that's to be expected.

Ok, how do i flash the stock v9 recovery image? Sorry noob here!

nikc4

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
you reboot into recovery, select flash from sd, select the file to flash and watch it go.

Assuming you're using xionia recovery.

Also, you should hit drew's thanks button, he really is kinda rehashing info just so you don't have to go looking around.

We're friendly here, and you better like it.

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
you reboot into recovery, select flash from sd, select the file to flash and watch it go.

Assuming you're using xionia recovery.

Also, you should hit drew's thanks button, he really is kinda rehashing info just so you don't have to go looking around.

We're friendly here, and you better like it.

Ok but first how did the v9 flash image get on my SD, i would think i would have to put it there, NO? If i do where can i fine it and How?
I have stock rom no mods, phone is only rooted to use apps like titanium back, or setcpu and the likes of those.

Thanks for everyones help in this matter too!

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Ok but first how did the v9 flash image get on my SD, i would think i would have to put it there, NO? If i do where can i fine it and How?
I have stock rom no mods, phone is only rooted to use apps like titanium back, or setcpu and the likes of those.

Thanks for everyones help in this matter too!

if thats all you did you never flashed xionia recovery in the first place so you can skip the stock recovery part of his directions