Cannot update PRL

twigge

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
For whatever reason I cannot update the PRL on my Optimus. Everytime I try to do so I always get the following error:

XPT open socket failed (21). Please try again later.

I am currently running Shell ROM, but have had this problem on TR 1.8.2, Nameless, and Reborn. I am really hoping to not have to revert to stock to fix this. Any ideas?

Also should note my baseband is VD.

O.a.T.

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
For whatever reason I cannot update the PRL on my Optimus. Everytime I try to do so I always get the following error:

XPT open socket failed (21). Please try again later.

I am currently running Shell ROM, but have had this problem on TR 1.8.2, Nameless, and Reborn. I am really hoping to not have to revert to stock to fix this. Any ideas?

Also should note my baseband is VD.

How did you get to baseband zvd?

twigge

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
It goes off then back on at the start of the update process. But at no time after that. I can see send and receive activity across the data network periodically throughout the update attempt. And 3G data does work without issue on this phone. I just cannot get PRL to update.

I should also note that I get the same error if I attempt to update the user profile.

Since my initial post here I have used KP500 to re-flash the ZVD cab file hosted at Zefie's host. While this reverted my phone to stock, I lost root, and custom recovery, it did not wipe data and I still cannot update PRL. I am considering flashing and older radio to see if it will make any difference. Though I would have thought if for some reason the radio was corrupt it would have been fixed when I re-flashed ZVD.

O.a.T.

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
It goes off then back on at the start of the update process. But at no time after that. I can see send and receive activity across the data network periodically throughout the update attempt. And 3G data does work without issue on this phone. I just cannot get PRL to update.

I should also note that I get the same error if I attempt to update the user profile.

Since my initial post here I have used KP500 to re-flash the ZVD cab file hosted at Zefie's host. While this reverted my phone to stock, I lost root, and custom recovery, it did not wipe data and I still cannot update PRL. I am considering flashing and older radio to see if it will make any difference. Though I would have thought if for some reason the radio was corrupt it would have been fixed when I re-flashed ZVD.

And you have not installed any apps between the reflash to zvd and the attempted prl update? The only occurrence I know when the profile/prl will not update is when there is a mismatch between the radio and the software.

twigge

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site

antipunk

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
had this problem a while ago, i just started up an online chat with sprint and told them i couldn't get my prl or profile to update. they'll try some stuff on their end first which probably won't work. then they'll ask you if it's ok to do a hard reset. just pretend to go along with them and they will give you your msl number. make sure you do a nand backup first. then use your msl number to do a ##786# reset. then restore your nand backup and your phone will start provisioning. make sure your on sprints network or it may not provision.

Reactions: farbeh

twigge

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the advice. However...

After reverting to V9, then upgrading back to ZVD both methods using KP500 to force flash I was finally able to update both my PRL and Profile this morning. If I have a problem like this in the future I will definitely take your advice and just call sprint to get my MSL so I can do the NVRAM reset. I know after having gone through all of this it definitely will save me a TON of time.

Thanks again.

memsman

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
had this problem a while ago, i just started up an online chat with sprint and told them i couldn't get my prl or profile to update. they'll try some stuff on their end first which probably won't work. then they'll ask you if it's ok to do a hard reset. just pretend to go along with them and they will give you your msl number. make sure you do a nand backup first. then use your msl number to do a ##786# reset. then restore your nand backup and your phone will start provisioning. make sure your on sprints network or it may not provision.

Can the ##786# reset cause problems if you are rooted (nameless)?