I want idiot terms

michaelgoe

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I have downloaded the following to root my phone....Gingersnap,xionia clockwork,flash image,and reborn 2.2.2

I know how to do the gingersnap....but after i get that done what in the world am I supposed to do.....if someone can spell it out to me so that a 2 yr old would understand it.....I would deeply appreciate it and donate to the cause....I have been trying to figure it out all day....I do not want to screw up my phone as the wife would kill me since we have had them 2 weeks.

I am running 2.2.2 on an Optimus S.

Mike

watson387

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Umm, not to be rude or anything but did you even bother to read the threads where you downloaded the stuff from? There are step by step instructions for them and most questions can be answered by reading the threads. You should probably start with that first.

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Umm, not to be rude or anything but did you even bother to read the threads where you downloaded the stuff from? There are step by step instructions for them and most questions can be answered by reading the threads. You should probably start with that first.

I agree! All the information is right there all over the forum.

sent from my CM7 Optimus

Reactions: watson387

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
guess no one wants to help....Oh well.

We do want to help, but you just need to do a little more reading.

To start, you have rooted your device. Good. Next you will need to install a custom recovery. I recommend Xionia CWMA. Note: You will need to extract flash_image from flash_image.zip (available on that page) and the xionia img file from the RAR archive (also available on that page). Also, before executing the commands listed in the instructions for Xionia CWMA, you will need to open an ADB shell and execute the "su" command (without quotes) to get a root (#) shell.

Once you have successfully flashed Xionia CWMA, you need to flash a ROM. This one is really simple and doesn't require any command-line use at all. Simply download the ROM you wish to use (following the instructions on the specific ROM's page) and place it on the top-level directory of your SD card. Boot into recovery mode (either by typing "adb reboot recovery" in a DOS prompt or by using the Vol-Down/Home/Power button combination), then choose the option referring to installing a zip from the sd card. DO NOT choose the option referring to update.zip. Then just choose the ROM you copied to the SD card.

One final note: before installing the ROM, make sure to do a data/cache wipe from the Xionia CWMA main menu.

If you still do not comprehend this, contact me on Google Talk. My GTalk username is (forum username) AT gmail DOT com.

EDIT: You can also read the http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...de-rooting-custom-roms-optimus-s-edition.html. Ignore the rooting part, since you have already rooted your device with Gingersnap.

Last edited:
Reactions: michaelgoe

michaelgoe

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Drew.....I have been reading for a week or so and for some reason I just do not get what I am supposed to do......I will hit up up on Gtalk in a few...got some homework to take care of first.

Sorry if I sounded pissy before...I was/am just frustrated with trying to figure it out.

Mike

Jessicalt1

Lover of all things Andi
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Drew.....I have been reading for a week or so and for some reason I just do not get what I am supposed to do......I will hit up up on Gtalk in a few...got some homework to take care of first.

Sorry if I sounded pissy before...I was/am just frustrated with trying to figure it out.

Mike

Did you get it figured out? If not, message me on gtalk jessica.tedrow1@gmail.com and I'll walk you through it. I was pretty illiterate when I rooted and managed not to brick my phone. After about 1 1/2 years of researching, I got the cajones to do it. lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty