can not connect to computer via USB after unroot

blackwaterstout

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I originally rooted my optimus and later unrooted it following the unroot thread here on android central. However I now am unable to connect my phone to my computer in order to access it. I've enabled USB debugging mode but still no go. I'm using the exact same computer that I used to root it so I know for sure I have the correct LG USB drivers. It also can not get it to connect to my laptop or work PC. I need to get it to connect so I can use east tether.

Is there anything I can do to the phone to get it to see my PC?

awursta

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I am in the same boat as you. My phone is stock, but no computer will see it. I have turned on and off the usb debugging. Pulled the battery to do a reset. Did a factory restore. My computer will see my wifes and daughters Optimus without issue (the drivers are loaded). When I plug it in I get no Windows "ding", the phone does charge though. Bad phone?

xplode196

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I am in the same boat as you. My phone is stock, but no computer will see it. I have turned on and off the usb debugging. Pulled the battery to do a reset. Did a factory restore. My computer will see my wifes and daughters Optimus without issue (the drivers are loaded). When I plug it in I get no Windows "ding", the phone does charge though. Bad phone?
Bad phone? Bad device? Bad plug? Try plugging it in to a different computer if you can, and see if it registers there?

I'm not sure what to say, maybe you can try customer support...

Jessicalt1

Lover of all things Andi
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Mine used to pop up on the computer but now it doesn't... doesn't matter what computer either. It's weird. When my work pc was rebooted last time, the phone did show the pc for a second, but that's it.

Huh... don't know why I did this, but I did uncheck USB Debugging and it connected that way... try unchecking it now?

Last edited:

blackwaterstout

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm stumped. I purchased Easy Tether from Amazon since it was on sale but now I can't get my phone to connect. I've tried 4 different computers. Three with Windows 7 and 1 with windows XP. I've enabled and disabled USB tethering with no success. The phone will go into charge mode when I plug it in but wont act as a USB device :(

josh2903

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
So of any of the people that had this problem has anyone come to a solution? I am now experiencing this issue myself. I rooted, had errors, restored to factory stock, now my phone no longer will connect with the computer.

ShadowEO

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Are you still using the factory cable? I've had some experience with Samsung phones that wouldn't connect to my laptop without the same cable that came with it.

Either way, try another cable if you can, try another port, etc.

josh2903

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
I have tried another port, but I will try another cable when I can purchase one tommorow. I do not think it has to do with the cable though because it was working until I had to install the stock rom and that had the Zv9 update.