Bluetooth audio streaming causes freeze

iLikeFones

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I recently installed an Alpine CDE 133BT deck into my car so that I could stream music over bluetooth and charge my phone via the USB port on the front of the deck.

I paired my phone to the deck and it successfully plays music with winamp over bluetooth for a while, but after 10-15 minutes it either "pauses" and cannot play again, or just stops playing with no error message, and winamp cannot play even when I turn off bluetooth.

Also, when I turn off bluetooth after this happens the message "Bluetooth Handsfree Device Disconnected" pops up and WILL not go away. I have to restart the phone to get rid of it.

Another problem I've had that maybe someone knows something about is that unless I have my alpine deck set to USB input for the music source it will not charge my phone. If I'm streaming BT music and have the USB plugged in my phone does not charge.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

iLikeFones

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Mine wasn't rooted until yesterday. I tried rooting to see if it would help to freeze all the sprint BS, but it didn't help. Admittedly though it is very nice to be able to freeze stuff anyway, but no change in bluetooth performance.:(

rod_munch

May 9, 2011
Visit site
ive been using my stereo bluetooth with this phone for nearly a year now and for the most part its fine. some roms seem to be more fine than others tho.

iLikeFones

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I am ZVH. No rom as of yet, just did a one-click root. I reformatted my SD card, so I'm going to try again today and see if that helped.

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I have been using Bluetooth streaming to car stereo for about a year with no issues

sent from my CM7/Reborn w/ 1 Gb internal storage Optimus S

Always happy to help, hit that thanks button if I did

Ez Duzit

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
If he's running Reborn he is on ZVD. Seems like putting a ZVD rom on those phones would solve the problem since ZVH is known to cause bluetooth problems for some Optimus S phones. But ZVD is fine.

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Is it safe to run a ZVD rom on a ZVH fone? On another fone I had I changed the baseband and couldn't change it back, and lost some services.
Safe as in it won't blow up? Yes.

Safe as it it will still work as expected?
No. You will lose your voice and data connectivity and the underpants gnomes will take your good pairs instead of the ones you might give to Goodwill.

Ez Duzit

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
It's easy enough nowadays to switch from zvh to zvd, (rom & radio), and back again if you want to.
On my phone right now or I'd give u links but the info shouldn't be hard to find.

Last edited:

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Eek! The gnomes are what I'm mostly afraid of. That and losing services. Could I talk to sprint about it?
You can, but they are probably going to just revert you to ZVD anyway; ZVH is a botched update that our stellar devs have been trying to make right (read: functional) since Sprint/LG pushed it.

If you just got this phone and have a new warranty and a return policy in your favor, you may talk to Sprint about an exchange or doing the revert for you (be sure to follow the guides here on how to return to stock ;) ). If you are beyond that, you might as well just do it yourself using the guides here.

You might want to read up on what rooting does and what it allows you to do. I advise against one-click root apps to first-timers for several reasons. I gather from a prior post on this thread that you expected something more to happen. Custom ROMs are where the magic comes pouring out of the box. ;) You would need to use one that is compatible with the baseband that you have or change your baseband to suit.

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
blackops1125 what baseband are u on
Depends what rom I am using, on ZVD I use reborn most of the time or drew's cm7. On ZVH I use opti-rom. But Bluetooth works no matter which one I use. Even sync to my car stereo.

sent from my CM7/Reborn w/ 1 Gb internal storage Optimus S

Always happy to help, hit that thanks button if I did

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thewhitecarno