Open Garden or other wifi tether users - I need some help

chadsdsmith

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I have an evo and have used open garden wifi for a while with no issues. Today, I rooted my stepson's optimus s and downloaded open garden with no issues, or so it seemed. It opens up and turns from blue to orange when you tap the wifi icon, and says it is tethering (even gives the upload/download speeds on the bottom), but none of my devices can recognize it. Enabling the permissions does not show any devices trying to connect. I checked my evo to see if it was working and it is working fine. I tried changing the channel, and played with a few of the settings to no avail. I also tried barnacle and had a similar experience. Are there some other settings I need to activae for this to work? Any other wifi apps that might give me better results?

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Did you install a custom recovery and flash a rom before trying this? What baseband is the phone on (found under settings)? With the zvh baseband, as I understanding, most devices seem to be unable to tether without flashing a custom rom.

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
i use the kravens cm7 tether app what i do is set up my tether. i bring out the widget. i activate it from the widget. then i will say tethering in progress on notifactions bar. disable from widget then turn on again then u should have a blue icon saying ththering or hotspot active but if the box is checked uncheck it right away. i use hydro rom beta 2 with gingerkernel running zvh with drews clockwork mod recovery