I want a manual clock that is not part of Androids system clock

grayem

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
I want a clock that is not part of Androids clock. My old "feature" phone had a clock I could set the exact time of day even if it was wrong, not just based on location or atomic time.

My wife is a military pilot and goes places that have no network of any kind to sync to. She looked at me like I was nuts when I started to show her clocksync. She can describe very complicated avionics systems - hydraulics - electronics - hi freq radios, etc. but for some reason she hates fooling with these things.

All she needs is a clock that she can manually set the time when she is overseas. It does not need to be synced

What is available, I have searched, but there are floods of clock widgets clogging up the market. Searching is pretty much worthless.

Any ideas?

anon(136244)

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Can you not just change the phone setting to not sync? That's how mine is set. If I set it wrong, it stays wrong. Or do you need another clock while leaving the system clock alone?

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Can you not just change the phone setting to not sync? That's how mine is set. If I set it wrong, it stays wrong. Or do you need another clock while leaving the system clock alone?

This. You can go to 'Date & Time' in settings and uncheck 'automatic date & time' and 'automatic time zone' and put in whatever you want, which will change the lock screen and status bar clocks.

I'm not sure if a widget would go by that or if they do their own thing though...never tried it.

grayem

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
This does allow you to unsync, but you cannot correct the time on the clock. If the battery is removed the clock gets messed up and there is no way to fix it without syncing it. If you are in Kyrgestan
without Wi-Fi your normally useful phone becomes a battery holder.
Ideally google would just make it easier to set your own clock an leave the date correct withing.