SkullCandy 50/50's, do they work with this phone?

Joshp513

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Simple question here as I've had my eyes on these for a while and want a pair of high quality, great sounding earbuds to use while at work.

Dont want to drop the money on them then find out that the phone function doesnt work with this phone when it does with other androids.

firelightguitarist

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
i see no reason for them not to. as far as i can tell, the optimus s has the required 4-connector headphone jack, so it should work. i'd get a second opinion first, though, just so it's not my fault :p

Joshp513

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
They work for anyone that is interested.

The + and - buttons for sound does not however, but you can use them as amazing headphones and for the microphone.

I wouldnt say i suggest them for the price i paid, but i love skullcandy and have had a pair of their earbuds at least since they came out with them.

EDIT: The pause button works for at least Pandora. havent checked if it works as an answering button yet - as i havent had anyone call me yet.

Last edited:

nikc4

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
If you want good quality, good sounding earbuds, DO NOT BUY SKULLCANDY. I cannot stress that enough. They're tinny and cheap, and will break quickly. I used multiple different skullcandy headphones before giving up and buying soem good ones. I currently use ATH M50s, which you can find on ebay for around 90 bucks (MSRP 200) but if you just want some good entryl level earbuds i would recommend the Koss Pulse Insider Earbuds, a best buy exclusive. They cost 30 dollars, but i prefer them over my dad's 400 dollar UE Triple.Fis.

But in answer to your original question, they should work.

Any want for head phone advice can be found here:

http://www.head-fi.org/

(it's a community of audiophiles)

Last edited:

Jordantw

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
well year sure dont buy inkd...those are cheap

i own 50/50s and theyre amazing. i use an app called PowerAmp and the pause button works fine. you can also press the pause button twice to skip a track, and three times to go to the previous track. its a pretty good looking app too with multiple skins. unfortunately i still have to use the volume buttons on the side of the phone but its no biggy

greystoker

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
50/50s don't work for Droid X or Droid 2. The +- buttons only pause the music (1/2 the time) and every once in a while it will skip to another track. Even PowerAmp didn't help.

MayBac

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I been interested in buying a Skullcandy Ink'd red and black for my phone which is a (HTC Droid Incredible 2) will it work for this phone?

Walker Harris

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Skull candy earphones are amazing I know someone who has had the ink'd for two years and they have great sound quality and are compatible with Android. There are no volume buttons on them, but there is a button to answer calls skip a track go back a track and answer and end calls. Great headphones though. But to answer your question, not completely because the volume button does not work with Android.

buzzman

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Just want to add to this old thread. I very rarely use headphones to answer my phones and don't really listen to alot of music. I am not very technically proficient so thought that if it had a jack that fit, they would work. WRONG! I found out my 50/50's were made for apple products and they won't work for my android phones. I was pretty disgusted about this cause I just bought 2 more pair on sale for $20.

Then I went on a research binge to see what will make them work with my Note i717. Found out they work with my Gnex pretty well- voice and mic, no buttons. But whatever I did, they were not reliable on my Note. I bought several adapters. The trrs from BHphoto online- says it will switch the poles- ???- that makes me crazy to understand the 4 poles and wires and where they go. Tried the meelec. Both of these did not work.

What did work was this- 3 5mm Female to 3 5mm Male TRRS 4 Pole Right Angle Gold Stereo Adapter | eBay

It's a right angle adapter- just a little plug-3.5mm Female to 3.5mm Male TRRS (4 Pole) Right Angle Gold Stereo Adapter- The mic works for calls, skype, etc, but you can't use the buttons to answer. The volume buttons don't work, but the headphones work great. This is the best fix and the adapter was only $6 shipped.

On my galaxy nexus 9520 the 50/50's work without an adapter and the button answers the phone. Volumes buttons don't work either.

Marneef

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Buzzman, any idea if this adapter would make the 50/50's work with my Samsung Admire? I'm not sure if I should just buy another set of earbuds with mic1 or try this adapter you posted....

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress