enable crt off animation?

pouxonu

Sep 26, 2010
Visit site
i know a way and I'm waiting on my spectrum to come in but can you do me a favor if you can get me the framework-res.apk I can get one worked up

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Rooted, using ES File Explorer or Root Explorer...

Go to /system/framework/ directory

Pull the framework-res.apk

Post it here and we can get it enabled. Simple 1 word change to enable it.

Reactions: bL33d

pouxonu

Sep 26, 2010
Visit site
I've always got it changed and then go to the uot kitchen and make it in to an update.zip file that can be done from recovery and then pull my original out for easy flashing just in case

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Here you go... Should work, this is a standard mod normally across the board for all Gingerbread builds.

Make sure you go to Settings>Display>Enable ALL Animations

Grab the framework file below and push it via ADB.

Note: If it doesn't enable the CRT animation then there is some smali code mods that are required but this should do it.

Reactions: Neph and bL33d

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Question, haven't heard back but is the CRT animation mod working?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Neph

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
I ended up with a brick, so I'm calling this a failed mod for the moment. I'm going to re-flash my firmware and try again thou.

Neph

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
No, this is not a good patch. Second attempt where I moved the file during the root script causes the phone to just boot loop at the LGE LTE screen.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
It could very well be that more XML edits or smali code to be more specific are needed to activate the CRT animation. The framework-res.apk recompiled fine so I'm surprised its causing issue for a basic one word XML change from "true" to "false" to enable the CRT animation.

The mod is common across Gingerbread.

framework-res.apk/res/values/bools/

Code:
  <bool name="config_animateScreenLights">true</bool>
The true is changed to "false" to enable the CRT animation.

Only other thing I can think of is this is probably a "odex" file system which could be causing problems with recompiling without the odex file portion.

Last edited:

Neph

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
Attached is the full file list from /system/framework/ . There does in fact seem to be an odex for the framework file.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Attached is the full file list from /system/framework/ . There does in fact seem to be an odex for the framework file.
Thanks, I figured that was the case that this was an odex file system.

It could very well be something to do with the odex file system causing my XML edit not to take or it could be that there is further smali code editing needed which is causing the framework to crash at boot.

pouxonu

Sep 26, 2010
Visit site
Got a guy I know over at XDA working one up for us so we will se what happens when he cracks into it, supose to give him a shout Monday and will hopefully have it shortly after and will kepp you posted

Neph

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
We still need to de-odex the system before we can do anything. An odex'd system uses md5 hash checks on every file, so having the modified one would cause a boot loop. If he is in the process of de-odexing the system for us, that would be greatly appreciated as that would help out immensely.

pouxonu

Sep 26, 2010
Visit site
He didn't fill me in on all the details but told me he was working on it so I will get with him a little later today and see what he came up with

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez