Second Screen Light Bleed

MittenSportsFan

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I have the light bleed as well. Is this something I should think about returning or just deal with it?

Posted via the Android Central App

I am so curious as to why this is even an issue?
How does this impact the performance or your enjoyment of the phone?
I've tested dark video scenes on the main screen to see if the"light bleed" impacts the picture. It doesn't.
The 2nd screen is off.
The only situation I can imagine where the 2nd screen is on and you are using a dark main screen is taking a picture of a dark scene. But even then there are a lot of illuminated controls on the screen.
So if you really like looking at your main screen when it is turned off and the glow from the 2nd screen ruins that experience, take it back.
Otherwise please explain the practical issue.

rdimedic

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
I asked because I was attempting to find out if this is something I should be concerned about.

Will_T

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I think Mitten is correct, but the only reason I am concerned is that mine has progressed from having none to where it is now. It does not impact use at all. Just strange to look at the phone in a dark room and see what looks a bit like the Milky Way sweeping across the main screen.

rdimedic

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
I think Mitten is correct, but the only reason I am concerned is that mine has progressed from having none to where it is now. It does not impact use at all. Just strange to look at the phone in a dark room and see what looks a bit like the Milky Way sweeping across the main screen.

I am with you on the progressing. It seems from when I first bought it to now that it's grown. I don't know enough about inner electronic components to know if this is something to be concerned about

2low2rl

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the replies.

Had to go by Verizon to return my phone case that doesn't work with the fingerprint sensor. While there, I looked at their demo phones and they were much worse than mine when it came to the second screen light bleed.

So I'm happy for the time being =)

Are there cases out there that do allow the fps to work?

Dylan Gorski

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Just got my V10 a couple days ago and switched it out once because of the light bleed and the second phone does it too. Is this just something I need to get used to or should I take it back and try to get one without it?

ketchupman36

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site
I am so curious as to why this is even an issue?
How does this impact the performance or your enjoyment of the phone?
I've tested dark video scenes on the main screen to see if the"light bleed" impacts the picture. It doesn't.
The 2nd screen is off.
The only situation I can imagine where the 2nd screen is on and you are using a dark main screen is taking a picture of a dark scene. But even then there are a lot of illuminated controls on the screen.
So if you really like looking at your main screen when it is turned off and the glow from the 2nd screen ruins that experience, take it back.
Otherwise please explain the practical issue.

It is an issue because I paid $700 phone that has technical problems. The light bleed is very unsightly at night, especially since I have the phone next to me on a nightstand

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa