In-app Video Calling on AT&T

QueenCaoa

May 5, 2014
Visit site
I know you can activate this on Verizon, but does anyone know if it is currently available, or will be available on AT&T? I currently use Tango and Skype, and it'd be awesome if you could do so from the Messaging app.

CountryDevil

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Other than from the actual phone. dialer that option is not currently or may not ever be offered by AT&T.

Hangouts also offers messaging, voice and video calling just like Skype and Tango. The difference with Hangouts you could not get an actual PH# like that is offered with Google Voice.

In any case, for video calling to work properly from the phones native dialer, the person you are calling must also support this feature over carrier voice and data networks.

Posted via the Android Central App with my two thumbs.

Tony C1

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
So I had to activate (for free on Verizon) HD calling on my wife's S6 and my V10. I was able to do this from the phone or online in my account manager.

Only problem I experienced with it was for what ever the reason I looked like $%@! on my wife's S6. Her front facing camera gave a great picture of herself on my phone, but the V10's camera had a dark grainy picture of me and we were both sitting right next to each other in the same lighting. Not sure if its the camera or maybe the way its processed for the video calling, but my wife looked miles better using her S6 =(.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
So I had to activate (for free on Verizon) HD calling on my wife's S6 and my V10. I was able to do this from the phone or online in my account manager.

Only problem I experienced with it was for what ever the reason I looked like $%@! on my wife's S6. Her front facing camera gave a great picture of herself on my phone, but the V10's camera had a dark grainy picture of me and we were both sitting right next to each other in the same lighting. Not sure if its the camera or maybe the way its processed for the video calling, but my wife looked miles better using her S6 =(.

Not another exchange........:p

QueenCaoa

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Other than from the actual phone. dialer that option is not currently or may not ever be offered by AT&T.

Hangouts also offers messaging, voice and video calling just like Skype and Tango. The difference with Hangouts you could not get an actual PH# like that is offered with Google Voice.

In any case, for video calling to work properly from the phones native dialer, the person you are calling must also support this feature over carrier voice and data networks.

Posted via the Android Central App with my two thumbs.

Thanks for the reply! I always feel that when it comes to mobile devices, what I want isn't out yet, will never exist, or is just not plausible. I've considered using Hangouts, but I haven't wanted to add a third app that does the same thing. There's enough redundancy on my V10 😛

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
textura