LG customer support experience

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
So the pins in my MICROSD slot are bent, rendering my 128 GB card useless. I contacted AT&T about a warranty replacement, but they that they couldn't do anything, but I could contact LG or take it back to my local store.

Before I make a special trip to my store, I wanted to ask if you had any experience dealing with their support and how was it

Posted via the Android Central App

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Well, there are many reasons why I changed from AT&T to Verizon years ago. There's the fact that verizon is truly the best and strongest carrier around. Then there's customer service. I've had a few minor problems with phones at times, and that's normal when these manufacturers are turning out millions at a time. But when I call Verizon for help, I've never been let down. I suppose one reason is that I always buy my phones from my carrier. And they do stand behind what they sell. My suggestion to you would be to go where you purchased your phone. If it were AT&T, and they told me that I had to contact LG myself, it would be goodbye AT&T. Sure it's LG that's responsible for their product, but AT&T sold it to you, they're the ones that made and continue to make money off of you. Therefore they're the ones that should go to bat for you. I had a problem with an original moto droid where the battery kept dying within a couple of hours. This started roughly 6 months after I bought it. When I called Verizon, they immediately sent me a new battery and told me that if the problem persists, they'd swap out the phone. So put the pressure on AT&T, let them EARN your business. Thats why you're paying them every month. One more thing to remember, did the contacts bend while you were putting in the card? If so, you truly may have an issue. But they should still help you out.

Posted via Android Central App

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
well, just because they sell you the incredibly complex pocket computer, and also sell the wireless connectivity that makes it useful, really doesn't mean anything. It's not their unit; it's LG's. The carrier didn't engineer it, build it, or warrant it. The computer's manufacturer did.

You're looking for concierge service. That went away a LONG time ago when people decided they'd rather buy on price instead of value.

And really: that the carrier "continues to make money on you" is like blaming your home ISP for when your home PC craps out.

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Because of my schedule and where I live, it's a bit of a special trip. I just figured I would see which would be the quickest. I will probably stop by next week

dontspamtheman

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Just for reference, one of our lgv10s had a problem with the screen back light. We have tmobile and brought it in. They had lg next day us a replacement with a label to send back the bad one. $5.00 charge from tmobile . I was good with that.