I just ordered a V10 to replace a G4

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I bought the G4 at my local TMO corporate store the day they got them in stock and overall it's been a great device! After upgrading to Marshmallow there were some battery issues but I resolved those eventually with a factory reset and getting rid of a bunch of apps - one or more not optimized for MM and causing excessive CPU use, battery drain. last week it rebooted for the first time that I can ever recall. Since 505 it could be bootloop or a problem with the browser. I researched just about every phone out there with a larger display and current processor- S7 Edge, Moto X Pure Edition, 6P, G5, various One Plus... I chose the V10 because of the DAC, screen size - and I really love the buttons on the back, maybe that was a factor! Having an sd card and removable battery, I needed both of those. Today I'll be ordering a case and screen protector.

And my G4? I'll pass it along to a family member. It's still under warranty, so if it does bootloop hopefully it will do so before it runs out!

I consider myself to be brand agnostic. The V10 just happened to have everything I need. Also having the TMO specific stuff like wi-fi calling is a plus, but those features have less value these days.

Knightstalker

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I had the G4 for less than a week before I gave it to my brother and got the V10... you'll definitely notice the quality difference...

thisisjason

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the club, I'm sure you'll enjoy the phone.

Since you mentioned the DAC being a selling point, one thing to be aware of with the headphone output is that even once you turn on the Hifi DAC, the headphone amp has multiple gain levels that are automatically activate when you plug in your headphones. If you have low impedance headphones (under 50 ohms), you'll be in low gain mode by default (called Normal Audio Mode in the Hifi DAC settings), but you can trick the phone into medium gain (called Aux Mode) by either plugging your headphone cable in first while detached from your headphones (if they have a detachable cable) or plugging a headphone jack extender in first before plugging in the headphone.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Welcome over to the V10 club. I'm happy I made the switch a few months back when I moved from Sprint to T-Mobile. I'm on JoD and there hasn't been another device come out since the V10 that has peaked my interest enough to Jump (that T-Mobile carries anyway).

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to the club!! my V10 on Verizon has been GREAT. Even better with the latest marshmallow upgrade. Coolest thing that never gets mentioned is its completely buttonless. One can operate everything from the touch screen. So that leaves the entire perimeter of the phone open to grasp firmly around. I can't think of any other phone that goes about it this way.

Paired with an otterbox its been bomb proof. I also use a moto 360 Gen-2 smartwatch and have the two paired together over bluetooth and its an AWESOME setup. I have all my notifications and text messaging sync'd to my watch. I respond to text messages by speaking into my watch, and I check off my grocery list items on my watch too. I don't ever have to take the V10 out of my pocket. The only thing I can't do is take calls over the moto 360 since it lacks a speaker, which is OK by me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38