Audio Quality V10 vs. G4

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm on Marshmallow and use Poweramp to play mp3's that I encode using LAME - v0 and 320cbr. I don't have the "fix" for the DAC - not even sure if DAC is kicking in. I could swear the sound is much better compared to my former G4. I'm using decent over hear headphones and also Xiaomi Piston 3 and a bunch of other higher end in ear monitors. I'll have the G4 for side by side comparison next week.

Also, as of today Poweramp under MM still doesn't support the DAC - (regular Play version not the beta of Poweramp)?

J_appoll

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
If you got the paid version of Poweramp why not try the beta (alpha 3) version, and i can tell you for sure, with great headphones, V10 rules when it comes to audio qhality, I'm an audiophile, i know this right :)

Posted via the Android Central App

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Also, as of today Poweramp under MM still doesn't support the DAC - (regular Play version not the beta of Poweramp)?

Hmmm.....that's interesting. I'm using the most recent release (not Beta) of PowerAmp too on my V10 with the MM update and the DAC now works without DAC Fix?

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
First off, do you see the Hi-Fi icon on the notification tray when you are using it? Everyone's ears are different, could just be that you don't notice enough of a difference.

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
First off, do you see the Hi-Fi icon on the notification tray when you are using it? Everyone's ears are different, could just be that you don't notice enough of a difference.

When I plug in the 3.5" jack, even when the other end isn't connected to headphones, the HI-FI icon in the notification area pops up. When using Poweramp it sounds much better with the "HI-FI DAC" selected at the top. When HI-FI is de-selected a bit quieter and less dynamic range. I have a few pair of Xiaomi Piston 3 for casual listening when out walking (mic and volume, answer buttons are handy). With the G4 I didn't think much of them. Now they really shine

Like I said before, I don't have access to a G4 at the moment - the V10 and Poweramp (non beta) sound incredible!

Last edited:

jasonb

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
V10 is the best sounding smartphone currently available by cell phone carriers in the US, period. Nothing else sold on US carriers comes close. The second best I've used was the HTC One M9, but it wasn't even in the same ballpark. The V10 is a true audiophile quality device for sure. The first of it's kind for an android phone. The only iPhone I've ever listened to was the iPhone 4, which was also pretty good, but still wouldn't be comparable to the V10.

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
The V10 obviously destroys the G4 in audio, not even taking into account the ESS amp it also packs as well as the DAC. Only issue for me is the phone still refuses to recognize Poweramp as a music player when using the second screen player to launch a music player, only showing LG's stock player and Google Play Music (Only when no music player apps are open. With Poweramp running and playing music, second screen controls for it works fine).

Posted on an LG V10

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biggles