Lag and crashing Home screen after upgrade

metadog

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Hi! I love my Verizon LG-V10, but ever since I did the two OTA updates back in March, there has been trouble (VS99011B & VS99022a). I go to the phone, double tap the screen, enter my pin... Then nothing. Either I will get a message that says the home screen is not responding and I can wait... or "OK." Or, the UI will just freeze up and I have to wait a bit to move to other screens. This typically happens once per session (but not every session if I repeatedly log in in a short period of time). It is very frustrating, especially if I am trying to take a quick picture. The phone isn't rooted and I'm not running any special launchers or ROMs or anything like that. The memory isn't full (far from it). Any idea what is going on?

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
A quick easy try is clearing the system cache. This will help no matter what. Hopefully it'll fix your issue. If that doesn't help, most will tell you to do a factory reset. Unless someone has a fix that I don't know of, those are your options.

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I had the exact same issues you are describing. Home would crash, screens would freeze, bad overheating and battery drain.I did a factory reset and restored from backup and it didn't seem to help at all. If anything it got worse! I dealt with that about a day and decided to do yet another factory reset but this time I set it up as a new phone without restoring from backup. This phone is now the best device I have ever owned! It's fast, responsive, and the overheating issue is gone, along with the excessive battery drain. I know everyone hates the dreaded factory reset but sometimes it may be the only way to fix the issues. Good luck.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FredDev