need some help with Lg support

anon(9803818)

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
Before I start, I'd like to note that I've already had my V10 replaced once by LG when the power distribution board dislodged internally.

Now, I'm sitting on my couch, and my V10 is face down on the side. I pick it up, and the screen has a (hairline) crack/scratch down the middle of the screen! It's a vertical crack, and it doesn't start or end at the top/bottom of the screen. It's just smack dab in the middle. The phone was face down for maybe 15 minutes between me putting it down and picking it up. This is kind of random, since the phone was on a couch cushion.

My concern is that LG won't replace my phone since they've already done it once already. Can anyone share their experiences with LG support over numerous occasions? Also, any idea as to what might have caused this? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Posted via the Android Central App

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
If the crack seems to be in the middle, it's mostly likely just a scratch unless you can feel it. Either way, maybe contact LG and see if you can get it replaced again.

Posted via an LG V10

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Can you post a photo? I don't think LG replacing the phone already would effect this issue either way.

anon(9803818)

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
If the crack seems to be in the middle, it's mostly likely just a scratch unless you can feel it. Either way, maybe contact LG and see if you can get it replaced again.

Posted via an LG V10

I can definitely feel it, but barely. It seems to go fairly deep as well. I assume it's a crack because nothing happened that could have resulted in such a scratch.

Can you post a photo? I don't think LG replacing the phone already would effect this issue either way.

Its pretty tough to see without light hitting it at a good angle as it's pretty thin, and my S5 (backup phone) camera isn't strong enough to visibly capture it.

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Before I start, I'd like to note that I've already had my V10 replaced once by LG when the power distribution board dislodged internally.

Now, I'm sitting on my couch, and my V10 is face down on the side. I pick it up, and the screen has a (hairline) crack/scratch down the middle of the screen! It's a vertical crack, and it doesn't start or end at the top/bottom of the screen. It's just smack dab in the middle. The phone was face down for maybe 15 minutes between me putting it down and picking it up. This is kind of random, since the phone was on a couch cushion.

My concern is that LG won't replace my phone since they've already done it once already. Can anyone share their experiences with LG support over numerous occasions? Also, any idea as to what might have caused this? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sadly for us glass is the only substance that is capable of being capacitive touch and clear. Its hard, brittle and it cracks and breaks easily. I don't care what the manufacturers claim... glass=break. Even the smallest of bumps and impacts can cause this, if not immediately then some time after the actual event. For reasons well beyond my comprehension. I would imagine its similar to a car windshield (except cell phone glass is a multi-layer assembly). Temperature extremes, vibration, seemingly mild bumps, chassis bending/flexing... all these pre-loading stresses build up over time. Some dissipate and disappear, others remain present and build up/down over the life of the product. At that point it doesn't take much to crack.

I can't offer any advice regarding LG and service however.

One thing I would do immediately if you haven't already, (while you can still operate your phone)... is back up and download all important information. I also think you should invest in a good case. If you've already returned it once for a dis-lodged connector, thats an indicator its being subject to more than you might think.

Good Luck though!!

anon(9803818)

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for all the help guys! However, the scratch/small crack is less distracting than the typical smudge or Fleck of dust on my screen, so I have decided to hold off on sending in the phone for repair, at least until something worse happens. ( hopefully nothing worse does happen). Honestly, if a manufacturing defect does come up, and I'm able to send in the phone, they'll likely replace the whole thing anyway, so I'll get a replaced screen in that case anyway.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
In the meantime, I cannot stress enough how important a tempered glass protector is

Tempered glass protectors might not help in this case. There have been some screens that have cracked on their own. Also delicate is the camera glass on the G5. They have been known to break as well.

wess580

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
This happened right after I purchase the phone it may be defective tmobile replaced mine being that their were no scratches scuffs or anything that would cause this to happen.. I went on complaining that the ads said military grade of 10 glass should not crack even if it fell on concrete from my pocket it's defective..they replaced it and no problem since

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa