app similar to "unlock with wifi" that works on V10

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
I used to use the app Unlock with Wi-Fi. Basically, it keeps your phone unlocked when you are near a wifi that you set up to allow it with that particular one.

Since the Android update,it constantly disconnects and now that Comcast replaced our faulty router it is even worse. I saw skip lock was rated good but it isn't compatible with the v10. Tried Wifi matic which works but it unlocks at any Wi-Fi so I'm not sure how it will work with password Protected yet? Anybody know a good one that works with only configured Wi-Fi settings? Thank you

PS. And works with the fingerprint scanner. That seems to be the issue... There are a lot out there but do not let you use the fingerprint scanner

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried simply using Andorid's SmartLock?

Settings -> Security -> SmartLock.

Although it doesn't (currently) support Wi-Fi specifically, you can setup one or more "Trusted places" such as Home, Work, your favorite bar.

Also, Trusted devices such as your car's Bluetooth or a linked watch. With Android Nougat, you will also get Trusted Face, Trusted voice, and On-body detection (may be device-specific; they work on my Nexus 6P with beta Android Nougat).

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
I thought I had trusted face and trusted voice already on my V10. In fact, I would swear that on 5.1.1 that I did. But now on 6.0 (two weeks now) I can't find them.

UPDATE: never mind, found it. Settings, Lock Screen, Smart Lock. Has Trusted Devices, Trusted Places, Trusted Face, Trusted Voice, and On-Body Detection.

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Don't think I can set up Wi-Fi with that unless I put GPS on. Battery is bad enough now after update, I'm afraid that will really kill it fast

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: app similar to "unlock with wifi" that works on V10

Don't think I can set up Wi-Fi with that unless I put GPS on. Battery is bad enough now after update, I'm afraid that will really kill it fast

There are apps like Tasker that can easily do this. You can set up Tasker to keep your phone unlocked when connected to a specific WiFi router.

Edit: found the guide I wrote on how to use it.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=562081
[How to] [Tasker][Marshmallow] Unlock when connected to WiFi

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Must I download secure settings as per your tutorial? Also what does this do to battery life?

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Must I download secure settings as per your tutorial? Also what does this do to battery life?

Secure settings is part of the process. It's what allows the disabling of the password for your lockscreen.

This has no adverse effect on battery.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Afterthought: Because of the way i have everything set up on my guide, the device only cares about what time it is for activating the Tasker profile. If you were to set it by location, that would be a different story.

You can set it by cell tower, but I could never get that set up right. I was always missing a tower that the cell could somehow find, and disconnect.

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Damn.... I wish unlock with Wi-Fi worked on the v10... It's so simple to use. Worked great on my s4. Wish I could find something that simple

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Listen to me - even though you most likely don't want to - use SmartLock -> Trusted Places.

GPS simply does not use the amount of power you seem too think it does. Trusted Places works perfectly and has no appreciable impact on battery life.

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Just tried delayed lock..... It does not work. :( device stays locked

Last edited:

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Listen to me - even though you most likely don't want to - use SmartLock -> Trusted Places.

GPS simply does not use the amount of power you seem too think it does. Trusted Places works perfectly and has no appreciable impact on battery life.

I'm using your suggestion.... So far works great! Thank you