Considering buying, afraid of bootloop

Cardono

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
Hello good folks

I am currently looking for a new phone for my brother.
I loved the V10 ever since it came out though it was kinda expensive for me.
Now, its priced dropped though its specs are still good.
The only thing I am afraid of is bootloop. I am not certain how common the problem is, and should it play a major role in my considerations? Please do notice that while is cheaper than before, the V10 is still not cheap where I live so buying a phone that will break after a few months is not an option for me.

All help appreciated

anon(9803818)

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
I personally have not had the bootloop or any related problems and I'm on my second v10 (first one randomly stopped working, not bootloop related however). Out of curiosity, will you be buying the phone new?

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I was really interested in the V10 and it's audio capabilities and build quality. I went for the Note 5 instead though because I've been a Note person before and it was a positive experience. He V10 still tugs at my heart strings though. I do have a V20 on order.

Besides the possibility of boot loop is there any reason to stay clear of the V10?

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I love my V10. Had an issue with overheating and ended up getting a replacement from the carrier. This one seems to be from the second gen models as the serial number is from a totally different series. Other than that I have no complaints about the device at all.

fwaits

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
Still using my original from Nov 2015 and no issues. Obviously the Bootloop (and other issues) happen, but I suspect they are a fairly small % overall. You always hear more problems on the forums than those who are working fine. Just the nature of things. Take that for what it's worth of course.

missouriexile

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
The v10 is so good that it's worth the risk. Even if you go off warranty before it bootloops your carrier will provide a new one. (you may have to be Assertive. 'it's a widely known manufacturing defect!' )