Bogus error message: "FPS Dirty - Clean and Try Again"

IHateMyTreo

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
Despite the FPS actually working, I get this message when trying to add a new print (only have one registered so far and that one works fine). FPS is definitely clean.

TMo says that it is a known issue which awaits a software update; a FDR will not help; a return/exchange is not warranted; and no, they don't know when an update will arrive. :-/

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I have the same issue. My second print worked like a charm for a few days, then this error occurred. First print works just fine, but I get the same error message when trying to rescan the second print. It's gotta be a software issue. Hope they fix it soon.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Despite the FPS actually working, I get this message when trying to add a new print (only have one registered so far and that one works fine). FPS is definitely clean.

TMo says that it is a known issue which awaits a software update; a FDR will not help; a return/exchange is not warranted; and no, they don't know when an update will arrive. :-/

I had that problem one day and it wasn't the phone because I experienced the same behavior on three phones. I was working in and out of the cold and my finger tips had gone dry so my skin was really hard. The finger print reader was impossible to use to read or create until I fixed my fingers.

carme4

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
About every two weeks I have to reset my fingerprints and it takes forever because it keeps saying the scanner is dirty! Aaaaaargh!