Second screen when home screen is off keeps turning itself back on??

Stoopstroop

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
I want to turn the second screen off when phone is not in use to save battery. I have toggled it off several times but it keeps coming back after calls or use. This a quirk or can it be fixed?

Stoopstroop

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
Update.

I had the scheduled settings toggled on to shut off at night. I turn that off and the second screen off and so far (fingers crossed) its staying off.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Update.

I had the scheduled settings toggled on to shut off at night. I turn that off and the second screen off and so far (fingers crossed) its staying off.
Hopefully that fixed it for you. If not, I wouldn't worry much. That screen takes up next to no power.

Stoopstroop

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
It has so far luckily.

Glad we can turn it off. Really wish we could turn it off entirely and use it to make the whole screen bigger.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I want to turn the second screen off when phone is not in use to save battery. I have toggled it off several times but it keeps coming back after calls or use. This a quirk or can it be fixed?

You probably left the "daily timeout" setting on. When you do that, it'll turn on the 2nd screen at a certain time, then turn it off. Alternatively, you can face the phone down flat on the table and the screen will turn off automatically from the proximity sensor (a battery saving feature when inside pocket).