any suggestions for a night clock?

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
I wanted a clock that displays on the screen at night. Some force the bottom screen buttons on constantly (v20 issue} Some won't landscape unless on rotation (which I do not use) but the worst is battery drain. I tried the app "night clock" because it had all the features above. Well I went from 100% to 30% in a little over 6 hours. I miss the ALWAYS on display the note 7 had. Is there anything out there anyone uses for a night clock feature they like? Thanks.

PS. The second screen clock is too small for me to see without glasses

Last edited:

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I wanted a clock that displays on the screen at night. Some force the bottom screen buttons on constantly (v20 issue} Some won't landscape unless on rotation (which I do not use) but the worst is battery drain. I tried the app "night clock" because it had all the features above. Well I went from 100% to 30% in a little over 6 hours. I miss the ALWAYS on display the note 7 had. Is there anything out there anyone uses for a night clock feature they like? Thanks.

PS. The second screen clock is too small for me to see without glasses

Have you tried the screen saver? Display > advanced settings > clock

Might kill the battery so I would probably have it on a dock or charging while displaying the clock.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Any on screen clock is going to kill battery because it'll force the entire display to be on. The reason phones like the Note 7 could do so without killing the battery is because AMOLED screens only activate the pixels needed to display the clock.

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Any on screen clock is going to kill battery because it'll force the entire display to be on. The reason phones like the Note 7 could do so without killing the battery is because AMOLED screens only activate the pixels needed to display the clock.

That's what I was afraid of... Thank you

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Tried it last night. Went from 100% to 53% in 6 hours. I guess a night clock is not in the cards for LCD screen. It was better than the other though....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non