[ how to ][root][GB] root the lg viper GB/ics

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I don't think so, every time I try to reboot system, it just freezes on rebooting. Were you able to use cwm recovery at all? I already did a factory reset and that didn't help, really doesn't matter if I lose my data.

Did you do the factory reset from cwm?

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
you could just use titanium backup... its recommended to backup your apps with and is a must for any rooted device.

lancejz

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ how to ] root the lg viper

I was able to root it by going back and forth from ROOT then back to ROOT SHELL, and it worked just fine. The SuperOneClick app never froze, so I clicked the ROOT button after it said the shell was rooted, and it worked. Easier then expected.
Thank you so much!

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I was able to root it by going back and forth from ROOT then back to ROOT SHELL, and it worked just fine. The SuperOneClick app never froze, so I clicked the ROOT button after it said the shell was rooted, and it worked. Easier then expected.
Thank you so much!

It may have just froze for me, my computer is dated.

jcase

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site

If rageagainstthecage is working, then this is the dumbest **** ever. LG is completely in the wrong here, if rage is working then this is not really 2.3.7. rage was patched long before 2.3.7 was released. The whole point of "newer versions" is enhancements, stability and security patches. It's like the cherry picked a few things and called it good.

Fyi you guys owe your root to Sebastian Krahmer, he is the author of the rageagainstthecage exploit C-skills: Droid2, kick him a donation if you appreciate it.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
If rageagainstthecage is working, then this is the dumbest **** ever. LG is completely in the wrong here, if rage is working then this is not really 2.3.7. rage was patched long before 2.3.7 was released. The whole point of "newer versions" is enhancements, stability and security patches. It's like the cherry picked a few things and called it good.

Fyi you guys owe your root to Sebastian Krahmer, he is the author of the rageagainstthecage exploit C-skills: Droid2, kick him a donation if you appreciate it.

Yea LG left it wide open but I can assured you this is gingerbread 2.3.7. Besides it will probably be fixed when its upgraded to ICS sometimes later this year.

Tux it letting me know it was sebastians exploit its been so long since I use it I forgot who found the exploit.

adamsse

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site

I have searched and can't seem to find superoneclick v2.3.3.0 or rageagainstthecage-arm5 exploit.
Does anyone have these files or a link to them?

liggy

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site

Woah, awesome to see ShabbyPenguin on this thread!!

Hope you are staying on to help us get this baby going. Just bought one for my son, he is loving it!

For the ones new to ShabbyPenguin, he has done is is doing some awesome work for the Photon, really pushing the development there.

:D

Shabbypenguin

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site

Woah, awesome to see ShabbyPenguin on this thread!!

Hope you are staying on to help us get this baby going. Just bought one for my son, he is loving it!

For the ones new to ShabbyPenguin, he has done is is doing some awesome work for the Photon, really pushing the development there.

:D

lol i made a kernel once for it not a very good one at that :p (granted all of jokers kernels are based off of mine... but still) and i helped out with cm7/cm9 thats all :p

didnt do a bunch of work on there like everyone seems to think :p

Odinist

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site

Just wanted to note that I said previously I used Super Manager to delete the Sprint apps I didn't want. I was incorrect, it didn't work fully on the free version of that app.

However, there is a free app called "Android Mate" that will allow you to delete the bloatware. Just make sure and delete both the .apk and the .odex to fully wipe it off your phone.

adamsse

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site

I booted into recovery did a factory reset. I am stuck in recovery. I need to get a custom rom. Does anyone have any for this phone? I did not make a backup so even if there is not a custom rom I need to get the stock rom does anyone have this? Thanks

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I booted into recovery did a factory reset. I am stuck in recovery. I need to get a custom rom. Does anyone have any for this phone? I did not make a backup so even if there is not a custom rom I need to get the stock rom does anyone have this? Thanks

Did you flash one of the custom recoverys?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38