Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree11Likes

Default Re: [ROM][PORT]MIUI-Viper

i truly dont mean to sound like a **** when saying this, but if you say you suck at dev'ing, why put something out that runs the risk of bricking devices? just wondering. I do support your efforts and truly hope you guys get this working, but don't release anything until its at least alpha....

ROM
    Everchanging

YAY i found out how to get to download mode....OK so when i flashed the new rom it messed up the boot and wouldnt boot so i couldnt get back into recovery OR go into download mode... then i did the factory reset thing then i could go into recovery but wouldnt boot anything else so i flashed the delooper HERE... and now i can get into download mode

Quote Originally Posted by dannyman3819 View Post
    YAY i found out how to get to download mode....OK so when i flashed the new rom it messed up the boot and wouldnt boot so i couldnt get back into recovery OR go into download mode... then i did the factory reset thing then i could go into recovery so i flashed the delooper HERE... and now i can get into download mode
    nice progress, full steam ahead boys!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dannyman3819 View Post
    YAY i found out how to get to download mode....OK so when i flashed the new rom it messed up the boot and wouldnt boot so i couldnt get back into recovery OR go into download mode... then i did the factory reset thing then i could go into recovery so i flashed the delooper HERE... and now i can get into download mode
    I dont want to turn my phone off lol, but i cant figure out a way around the md5 mismatch:/

Quote Originally Posted by wolfygang View Post
    I dont want to turn my phone off lol, but i cant figure out a way around the md5 mismatch:/
    maybe try to toggle signature verification in recover before you attempt the flash....

How long did it take for the De-Looper to do it's thing.

no, i have it disabled the alpha wont flash im trying to restore my GB I backed up before i data wiped
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #83  

Global Posts
    1,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by enzopreme View Post
    i truly dont mean to sound like a **** when saying this, but if you say you suck at dev'ing, why put something out that runs the risk of bricking devices? just wondering. I do support your efforts and truly hope you guys get this working, but don't release anything until its at least alpha....
    Honestly, you kinda sound like a **** here, because everyone in this small community knows that I don't have a Viper, so I rely on them for testing, so how could I get it into alpha without them testing it? I've honestly been working hard to get things device started, but when I contact other devs for help, I get no reply. I've gotten this device a working CWM minus backups and started a device tree if anyone wanted to build from source. Excuse me if I'm whining, but I already feel bad about softbricking their phones, and your post only adds to it, and I learned my lesson, so I'll stop what I'm doing. My Github is https://github.com/ProjectPanda and all off my progress is in the lg tree so anyone's can pick off where I left off. I'm done for now.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Official OpenROM Developer
    Want to contribute to OpenROM? Click HERE.
    Want to view my personal GitHub? Click HERE.
    n0ve likes this.

All my device does it do the delooper and sits at lg and so no download mode volume up does the devices reboot and down does factory, after factory I can get into the delooper and that is it.

ROM
    Everchanging

Quote Originally Posted by progranade View Post
    All my device does it do the delooper and sits at lg and so no download mode volume up does the devices reboot and down does factory, after factory I can get into the delooper and that is it.
    Try pull the battery then putting it back in then plug a usb cable into the computer and ir phone then when its showing the battery charging thing press vol up and power and hold it till it gets to the download mode

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Everchanging

Quote Originally Posted by thenameisnigel View Post
    Honestly, you kinda sound like a **** here, because everyone in this small community knows that I don't have a Viper, so I rely on them for testing, so how could I get it into alpha without them testing it? I've honestly been working hard to get things device started, but when I contact other devs for help, I get no reply. I've gotten this device a working CWM minus backups and started a device tree if anyone wanted to build from source. Excuse me if I'm whining, but I already feel bad about softbricking their phones, and your post only adds to it, and I learned my lesson, so I'll stop what I'm doing. My Github is https://github.com/ProjectPanda and all off my progress is in the lg tree so anyone's can pick off where I left off. I'm done for now.

Dude I've been here long before we got ics and I've seen that you made the first cwm and first rom and that uve been a huge help. Its your choice wether u leave or not and I think its awesome that u even attempted to build for a device that u don't have. I for one am truly sorry to see you leave. And it wasn't your fault that we softbricked our devices when we flash alphas we become testers and relize that we could potentially brick our phones.

Last edited by dannyman3819; 11-24-2012 at 09:33 AM.

I hate this phone because it doesnt have any roms ill flash til it breaks if it means custom software without CWMR, Kernels, and ROMs it's useless anyways imo, very disappointing to let a ****** make you leave this forum when you have people on here that appreciate everything you're doing for us
    Thanked by 2:
    MrDroid, millyon and Dannyman3819 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfygang View Post
    I hate this phone because it doesnt have any roms ill flash til it breaks if it means custom software without CWMR, Kernels, and ROMs it's useless anyways imo, very disappointing to let a ****** make you leave this forum when you have people on here that appreciate everything you're doing for us
    Well, if someone wants, they can make custom themes, cause n0ve can deodex, honestly, themes and kernels are the second step to custom roms.

Sent from my LG Viper 4g LTE using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Everchanging

Quote Originally Posted by dark_mirage View Post
    Well, if someone wants, they can make custom themes, cause n0ve can deodex, honestly, themes and kernels are the second step to custom roms.

Sent from my LG Viper 4g LTE using Tapatalk 2
    Actually I built gb and hopfuly somtime next week ill build the kernel and start deoxidizing and themeing. Also I think I MIGHT be able to finish this project.

Quote Originally Posted by thenameisnigel View Post

Nigel you shouldn't give up because of one db. Man you've already done great things for the viper and don't even have one.

Sent from my LG Viper using "the force"
    Thanked by:
    MrDroid and staticK78 like this.

I'll contribute ten dollars to PayPal for you to get one. They are only $85-100 on craigslist. If ten people put in, you can get one.

Not an empty gesture either. I'll do it right now. Don't even care about the ROM.

sent from my LG Viper
    Thanked by:
    rigdon420 likes this.

I might be leaving sprint soon nigel. If you pay for postage I'm almost willing to give you my viper

Sent from my LG Viper using "the force"
    Thanked by:

I'll give him $10 on PayPal as soon as he gets his new phone.

sent from my LG Viper
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234