Cannot root Viper ICS

CHOCOLATEMALK

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I have rooted this same phone twice before, once using superoneclick with rageagainstthecage exploit when the phone was running Gingerbread, and once again using the universal method with the "runme".bat when it updated to ICS. Since then I have had to factory reset and unbrick my phone because of the security error you get if you uninstall a google app (didnt know at the time) now after this happened nothing seems to work to root it, Superoneclick just stalls on step 7 forever and the universal method seems to work fine and even installs superuser and restarts the phone and goes to restore (although my restore screen looks different)
5fEnp3X.jpg
But after it restarts and I use rootchecker it says I do not have root access, I verified this by attempting to use several different apps that require root, none of which worked. I have no idea why it wont root anymore, please help! Also as a side note, I even tried resetting the phone again and not updating to ICS and trying to root Gingerbread again and that didnt work either...

mharrison82

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
What version are you on? Zvi or zvk? Several people, myself included have posted elsewhere on this forum about not being able to root on zvk.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

libertus77

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Root ZVI and use ota root keeper. It works and you'll have zvk rooted.

Sent from my V6Supercharged ICS-Flavored LG Viper using Tapatalk 2

libertus77

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I got an error with the ota, and ended up tot-ing back to a clean zvi, rooting it, running ota root keeper, taking the ota and then restoring from my titanium backup. Hopefully you guys have better luck. It wasn't too bad, in any case.

Sent from my V6Supercharged ICS-Flavored LG Viper using Tapatalk 2

Own3r

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Use XDA ICS root.
Here is where you are messing up. You need to press Restore my data before your phone restarts.

8.) Choose option 1 & hit enter
Now the dos text should turn green and a file will start running,
9.) Look on your phone and the Backup & Restore window should be open, press Restore
Now the program will run and it will reboot your phone several times, do not disconnect until it finishes.

Bradley Keefe

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same propblem... I get to the screen (on phone ) as shown above I don't know the password and when I just hit restore it says started then right after ended and then nothing and all the rooting software I have tried just handgs... Help. I am trying to root the phone then flash it to Metro PCS . so any and all help on these subjects will be great!!!!! thanks.

jgkim

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
LS840ZVK Rooting

LS840ZVK Rooting Step
1. LS840ZVK -> LS840ZVI downgrade
http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-viper-4g-lte/216964-factory-images-restore-your-phone-back-factory-unbrick-your-phone.html

2. Rooting at LS840ZVI
Root MANY ANDROID! [Upd: 18.12.2012] - xda-developers

3. Temporarily unrooting - Voodoo OTA RootKeeper
https://code.google.com/p/xdroidx/downloads/detail?name=Voodoo%20OTA%20RootKeeper-6.apk

4. OTA update
adb reboot recovery
update from cache
http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-viper-4g-lte/253692-zvk-install-download-update-zip.html

5. Restore rooting - Voodoo OTA RootKeeper

:)

Last edited:

Stanley Parker

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: LS840ZVK Rooting

You cannot as of 4/11/2013 Root software versions of LG Viper 4G LTE that are:
LS840ZVK (Not possible, believe me i spent four FULL days trying... And So I flashed:

LS840ZVI, And Wah Lah! ...

Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v26 Package Rooted it ASAP!

FYI, Enjoy ...!...

- - - Updated - - -

LS840ZVK (Not possible, believe me i spent four FULL days trying... And So I flashed:

FYI, Enjoy ...!...

Own3r

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

FYI, Enjoy ...!...

- - - Updated - - -

FYI, Enjoy ...!...

usetamaj.jpg

atyde3u8.jpg

unknownnmr

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site

i have the same exact phone model and all trying to learn to root and flash dont understand it yet but i got lg flash tools i know i will have to downgrade the firmware to root this lg viper but dont know how to use the lg flash tool and simpleoneclick stalls at step 7 for me too

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress