Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Notification LED in ICS?

Is there any to make the notification LED work on ICS with SMS/MMS? I tried Lightwave, Blink and 3rd party sms programs and no luck.

I know this forum is nearly dead but figured I would give it a shot.

Default Re: Notification LED in ICS?

Whatsapp may work. I use noled and could not find android version on website needed
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I found an old thread here about this topic and editing settings.xml and now the led notification works and flashes green for sms

The setting is notification_light_pluse and you have to change the value from 0 to 1

Above Requires root

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 2

Where is that settings file located? I assume somewhere in /data/data/? I can't find it.

find -d 1000| grep settings.xml
    In terminal

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 2

I actually found notification_light_pluse in the com.android.providers.settings/settings.db > system sql table, but when I try to edit it with sqlite editor it says "update failed: error 5 database is locked" ...
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

You must be rooted but I used es file explorer and the root explorer option. From root explorer select mount RW then change /system to RW access so you can edit the settings.xml file. After you are done editing change it back to RO access

Well I had to search for it since you still didn't actually tell me where it was... Its /system/etc/settings.xml

I changed it from 0 to 1 and rebooted and sent myself an sms and the light didn't do anything so I guess it doesn't work. This is in ICS; maybe in GB it works?
    Last edited by garbb; 06-10-2013 at 04:43 PM.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Im running ICS version ZVK

Was your screen off when the sms was received? There is no ledif screen is on or phone is plugged in

Yes the screen was off when the sms was received and I am running ZVK as well. Weird that it didn't work...
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

That is odd, mine is working for sms, email, gmail. On your sms do you have display message notifications checked?

Yes display message notifications is turned on. I also have new message popup turned on. Do you have this turned on?

Just to be sure, is /system/etc/settings.xml the file you edited? And you changed the 0 in this line to a 1?:
    Code:
    <parameter db="system" name="notification_light_pulse">0</parameter>
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Yes and yes. I also changed access back to R for that directory after done editing. Not sure if that matters.