LG Viper roms?

brandonabandon

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: lg viper roms?

no worries. got menu to recognize by copy/paste the native/build folder to the base folder. on the legacy modules error now. pastebin.com/wAcyCGCn

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

brandonabandon

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site

ignores and recovery not found. Build starts, at frameworks, device/lge/overlay/blah blah blah/res/array.xml no element found for both xml files there. The files are empty. Can they be reproduced?

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

ignores and recovery not found. Build starts, at frameworks, device/lge/overlay/blah blah blah/res/array.xml no element found for both xml files there. The files are empty. Can they be reproduced?

The overlay was put in the device tree as an unfinished feature by Josh. I have no idea what he was doing with it, but I can remove all dependencies on it if need be.

Sent using Tapatalk

brandonabandon

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site

Whatever it takes. I deleted the overlay path from the device mk files which resulted with the no comment for public blah blah errors.

brandonabandon

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site

make -j1 is frameworks error. make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=$CCOMPILER -j`grep 'processor' /proc/cpuinfo | wc -l` is the overlays error. make bacon is offset.un error. any ideas?

Edward Mc

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site

Not sure if it helps any, but iirc, the viper has a armv7neon processor. At least mine does. I attempted to nail away at the bootloader with no sucess, then tried compiling a rom for my old phone and after hours of head scratching just yeilded to the fact that it was beyond my capabilities at the time. My personal suggestion regarding this device is if you can compile a kernal sucessfully for zvi, look into getting kitkat on. Its ram demands are less bearing on the system (which is why i have stayed on gb)

brandonabandon

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site

thanks for trying at the bootloader. have you looked into loki? the fellows have been pursueing the unlock for a few months. the workaround is gb, becausethe bootloader is unlocked so recovery is possible. you can see from the forums the progress of a bootable rom. i deleted my cm10 repo yesterday. 2gb of ram will not compile cm is my final verdict. and vb only allows for under 1.5. however, i did notice jb branch at the device tree and im mid aosp repo. i will be updating frequently. i was able to build the full-grouper.zip, so i believe aosp is the best resource for building at this time. a problem im exp. with virtualbox, (if anyone familiar with) when i empty trash within vb the host hd is not recognizing the alocated space, but does recognize when i add data to vb. creating a data blackhole-like affect. could it be not installing guest additions is the culprit? and/or is there a workaround?

Edward Mc

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site

That i cannot say as i do not use virtualbox. I personally prefer vmware for vm, but i do not use linux in a virtual environment as it eats extra ram.

brandonabandon

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site

What I did: repo init google blah blah -b android-4.1.1_r1 succesfully. Git clone poc device tree same dir as source. Add poc manifest to local_manifests. Repo sync. Not syncing manifest, and stops at 97%. Also cd /android/.repo/repo $git branch *default. Cd /android $git branch *jellybean.

Edward McInnish

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site

Quick off topic question, is it safe to freeze the lg home launcher on zvd? Using an awesome lockscreen but i dont have control of what home launcher it launches.

Edward McInnish

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site

i know i don't have much 0f a right t0 ta|k especia||y with a bad keyb0ard, but w0u|dnt y0ur best m0ve t0 begin with is c0mpi|ing a vani||aish ics r0m using parts 0f the s0urce fr0m vani||a and |g's s0urce? the biggest r0adb|0ck in ics is the b00t|0ader
since we kn0w that the b00t|0ader is |0cked during an update t0 ZVI, why n0t grab the |g s0urce, pu|| a|| mandat0ry fi|es |ike drivers, and rec0mpi|e a s0urce that d0esnt a|ter the b00t|0ader 0r at |east d0snt |0ck it
we get an un|0cked b00t|ader, rem0ve security checks, and anything is p0ssib|e
i ap0|0gize f0r the crazy typing as my Keyb0ard has water damage

brandonabandon

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site

fixed blutooth sync error however, aosp jb will not sync the device tree. been gg'ing for days. any help advice? to answer yer question ed, my machine cannot handle building cm 2 gb ram. i can however compile aosp. if i can get a majority vote and some clarification on how to sync the device the tree with aosp source. i would be more than happy to build an ics rom.

Edward McInnish

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site

kk, i had t0 dr0p this
I recent|y went t0 ics and r00ted sucessfu||y
newest busyb0x was insta||ed
termina| emu|at0r by jack
c0de:
su
reboot oem-unlock
i was greated with an "Andr0id is upgrading" message which i have 0n|y seen bef0re when un|0cking b00t|0aders 0r sys m0dding
h0w d0 i check if the b00t|0ader is un|0cked?
i am 0n zvi atm as we||
wi|| check further but i may have d0ne it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress