Buy or Wait?

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
As the title suggests would it be smart to buy tomorrow or wait till next week and see what else shows up at the trade shows? I'm wanting a smart watch with workout abilities. Thanks.

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
If you've waited this long, I'd wait and see what is announced. Might as well have all the info before deciding.
Let's say I had a Note 7 and went back to an iPhone after the battery issue. Finally scored a Pixel which is what I wanted and now I want a watch to use with it. So I haven't really been waiting. I am loving the look of it. I'm not wanting any LTE features so that part isn't something I'm looking for.

mdw1995

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
I've heard the new Huawei 2 is suppose to be "Sporty" so I'm curious to see what they offer. The battery reports for the LG Sport have been mixed so not sure if it's better. Of course you could probably sell it and get your $ back without much problem if you decide you like a new watch better.

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm debating getting a Garmin Fenix 5 as most of the smart abilities I want are really just text and phone call notifications. But I really am liking this LG Watch Sport.

mdw1995

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
I'm debating getting a Garmin Fenix 5 as most of the smart abilities I want are really just text and phone call notifications. But I really am liking this LG Watch Sport.
I'm sure the Fenix 5 is on a different level when it comes to tracking activities. Rated much higher for water resistance (can easily swim with it) and the battery lasts 24 hours WITH GPS and 12 days without. The LG Sport might get 2 hours with GPS and a couple days without. The Fenix can show call/text notifications as well. Of course the price is a lot higher also. Depends on what's important to you. I use my Urbane 2 for runs because I like having the LTE functions so I can leave my phone behind and still make calls/texts if needed. If LTE or Android Wear is not important, the Fenix is probably a step up for tracking, for a price.

Torisen1

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure the Fenix 5 is on a different level when it comes to tracking activities. Rated much higher for water resistance (can easily swim with it) and the battery lasts 24 hours WITH GPS and 12 days without. The LG Sport might get 2 hours with GPS and a couple days without. The Fenix can show call/text notifications as well. Of course the price is a lot higher also. Depends on what's important to you. I use my Urbane 2 for runs because I like having the LTE functions so I can leave my phone behind and still make calls/texts if needed. If LTE or Android Wear is not important, the Fenix is probably a step up for tracking, for a price.

There is a wisdom in waiting as you should have more choices to fit your needs.

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
The Fenix 5 will work with my Hunting Garmin GPS collar system for my dog. That part seems like something I would like to play with. But at the same time my Garmin Alpha connects to my vest and I can just turn it towards me to see it.