Battery Oddity...

FitzAusTex

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I don't think this is really affecting how long my battery lasts throughout the day but I have 5 days of evidence that my battery stays at 100% for approximately 2 hours and then stays at 67% for another 2 hours. I don't have stats for 33%, as I haven't really gotten that low, except the first day when I wasn't paying attention to this.

Wonder if this is an effect of the new hex-shape battery, or AW Marshmallow software, or just a quirk with my battery.

Anyone else notice this?

lvmymoto

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
Hmmm, interesting, I'll pay attention to that a little closer and see what the battery does.

Speaking of battery, how many hours are getting in a day? Yesterday was my first full day with the watch and I got about 14.5 or so. Not bad considering I did a lot of messing around with it and GPS/LTE use. But nowhere near what I get with my Moto 360 2 where I can do at least 2 days with ambient screen on.

Posted via the Android Central App

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Mine drains like normal phone battery. I've been down to 11% or so. But it does tend to stay on 100% for long time.

As for battery life, keep in mind, by default, the cell radio is always on (in auto mode) even if you connected to phone via BT. This is so that the watch can receive calls and texts for the watch number. I simply turn it off to save more battery juice. I hope it has the same feature as my Gear S where in auto mode, it turns off cell radio completely if connected via BT but turn it on whenever I loss BT connection.

FitzAusTex

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Sunday I got nearly 3 hours on 100%, but other days around 2 hours. Monday, mine was "stuck" on 67% for so long I rebooted, cause I was conviced it was somehow frozen. I keep cellular off, as I don't even have a sim, so no need to even bother with it, I figure. There is something funky going on, but not sure what, or that whatever it is is a bad thing.

lvmymoto

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I have paid attention the past few days to battery life and mine seems to trickle down like you would expect it too... I'm currently sitting at 97%, so it's slowly going down...

FitzAusTex

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I have paid attention the past few days to battery life and mine seems to trickle down like you would expect it too... I'm currently sitting at 97%, so it's slowly going down...
Thanks for the reply. Took my watch off charger at 640am and didn't drop to 99% till 920am. Who knows...

FitzAusTex

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Either you have the best battery in the world, or something is all little weird... Factory reset maybe?
definitely not the best battery in the world. It drops fairly quickly after 99% and 67%, but I always futz around too much with a new toy the first week. Won't probably be till next week till I'm using it like normal, so will know then how fast it drops off. Very different though than my Gear Live, which basically was at 99% by the time I put it on my arm from charger.

Did a factory reset yesterday. Didn't change behavior.

Utters2027

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
My battery level drops relatively quickly when "Cellular" is set to "Automatic" (on AT&T), even when the screen is off. I've monitored it with the Wear Battery Stats app. I've just been turning the Cellular on when I wanted to make a phone call.

I agree, cellular does use quite a bit of batter especially when it's searching for a signal in a low signal area. I will be keeping mine off until number sync is supported

Posted via the Android Central App

xendula

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
67% is my magical number. My watch will stay on it for a very long time, yet when i tried to transfer music files to the watch, I got an error message saying that my watch battery was too low: it was showing 67%!

FitzAusTex

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Mine still stays "stuck" at 100%, 67%, and 33% for an extended period of time. 100% for two or more hours, and 67% and 33% for 90 minutes or more. Between these three "markers" battery seems to drop rather normally, however probably not, as this watch has a 570mAh battery which is nearly double that of my Gear Live.

At any rate, as I'm no longer messing with the watch for no reason every ten minutes, I've ended the past few days with 80% with cellular and wifi turned off. I'm very happy with that.

xendula

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
It's like back in the day when some phones only showed battery status between 0-4 bars... And the in-between numbers are just for show.. Who knows :)

The LG battery lasts defintely longer than my Gear S' ever did, so I'm happy with that.