Automatic Call Forwarding: SOLVED

Urbane_user

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
Answering a question no one asked but functionality I was after.

Borne of a good post on Reddit if your Android Wear watch is hijacking your bluetooth so your phone won't connect to your cars handsfree:
https://www.reddit.com/r/hwatch/comments/4dr3bj/guide_prioritize_bluetooth_headset_profile/

It's a good app and works well for me.

Got me to thinking whether it could be adapted to automatically forward calls to my phone when out of bluetooth range and back to the phone's voicemail when connected via BT. The problem with the inbuilt call forward function is that when you turn it off it erases all the forwarding options including to the phone's voicemail. What the phone's option to turn off/on the forwarding does is send an MMI code to the cell network to update the forwarding options - the same can be done by just entering them numerically.

The list of MMI codes on wikipedia makes it a versatile tool:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Call_forwarding#Europe

Using the Reddit post as a guide I created 2 flows:
1) Forward to voicemail on BT connect -> Trigger: BT device connected (Urbane) -> Action: Call number *004*[voicemail number]#
2) Forward to Urbane on BT disconnect -> Trigger: BT device disconnected (Urbane) -> Action: Call number *004*[watch number]#

Works really well, so if I walk out of BT range the phone forwards calls to the watch if busy/unanswered etc and back to voicemail once back in range.

Hope this is of use to someone.

oxicottin

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Thanks it works very well but I keep getting a popup message every time it disconects from bluetooth or uses the AutoMagic.

Ideas?

tractor.jpg

Last edited:

Urbane_user

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
Aye, that's what it does - proves it's working correctly. If you enter an MMI code manually using the keypad you'll see the same thing.

It's a single press to dismiss and I like the confirmation all is working as it should.

oxicottin

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I got rid of it (Drove me nutz) using a flow with help from AutoMagic Community here is how if interested.

TRIGGER
  1. Create a new flow with a Triger/UI event.
  2. Event Type = Window opened
  3. Package Name = Android system UI. In my phone they are "com.android.phone" and "com.android.systemui". They should be something similar in your phone, you can search for them by pressing the three dots (...) on the right.
  4. Text = select contains text from the drop down and on the line below type in the text field "Call forwarding" without the quote marks. This is case sensitive.
  5. Save your trigger

ACTION TO YOUR TRIGER
  1. Action Control UI
  2. Script = click("OK") This is case sensitive.
  3. Save your Action

ScottyKnox

Aug 9, 2016
Visit site
I also use Automagic. I have created flows for connecting to my car radio and just recently figured out how to automatically turn on call forwarding when I walk away from my phone.

I keep my watch's cellular option in the automatic state. I then have 2 Flows (profiles) in Automagic that will automatically turn on and off call forwarding when I break BT connection with the phone & watch. I will attach the flows.

This link is for Call Forward On, I use #72 plus my 10 digit number to directly forward all calls (I use a verizon phone your call forward prefix could be different):
https://postimg.org/image/dj4cc4fah/

This link is for Call Forward Off, I use #73 to turn off forward (I use a verizon phone your call forward off prefix could be different):
https://postimg.org/image/6f43cl8cp/

Attachments

• Call Forward On.jpg
    Call Forward On.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Urbane_user

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
I got rid of it (Drove me nutz) using a flow with help from AutoMagic Community here is how

Thanks, that makes for an elegant solution. Might be worth consolidating all of this in to a new post and including the links to the flows.

I'm away from the mothership currently but might have a shot at doing it on my return to the home planet unless someone here wants to do it......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
martinst-uk