I have a Samsung Galaxy a125. My phone is call forwarding to a number 407-456-4988

Snow3

Jul 10, 2022
Visit site
my phone hangs up as soon as I push send. I found call forwarding to a number 407-456-4988 when I try to turn off, it says failed to read data-unable to deactivate call forwarding when phone is not available- unsupported by operator .My phone's apps are shutting down not responding.I already did a search on the number and there's been several people that have said that the same thing is happening to them what can I do to get rid of this and how can I prevent it from happening in the future. I read something about a guy who had his phone hacked by some sort of spyware and it was undetectable.

Snow3

Jul 10, 2022
Visit site
Ok I bought a phone through metro pcs and it is unlocked. I switched the service and access points to us mobile for a ten day trial. After which I switched to boost mobile with the new network through dish. My call forwarding is stuck on forward to a number I don't know and when2

Snow3

Jul 10, 2022
Visit site
When I try to switch it off it says.: Failed to read data, unable to deactivate call diverting for unanswered calls. unsupported by operator. I will try to reboot in safe mode and see if that fixes it or see if that'll allow me to at least access and use my phone and then I'll post another reply

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
And have you contacted Boost about this? I believe Call Forwarding is controlled by the carrier, so this probably has to do with you switching MVNOs frequently. It may be that the forwarding happened with Metro or US Mobile, and Boost either doesn't support that feature or uses a different protocol to control it.

EDIT: I Googled that number, and it's identified as belonging to Cingular Prepaid (which is now AT&T): https://www.whoseno.com/US/4074564988. Another thread I found mentioned it's the AT&T voicemail number (i.e., the number the phone calls when retrieving voicemail). Can you show a screenshot of where you see the call forwarding to this number? http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

Snow3

Jul 10, 2022
Visit site
And have you contacted Boost about this? I believe Call Forwarding is controlled by the carrier, so this probably has to do with you switching MVNOs frequently. It may be that the forwarding happened with Metro or US Mobile, and Boost either doesn't support that feature or uses a different protocol to control it.

EDIT: I Googled that number, and it's identified as belonging to Cingular Prepaid (which is now AT&T): https://www.whoseno.com/US/4074564988. Another thread I found mentioned it's the AT&T voicemail number (i.e., the number the phone calls when retrieving voicemail). Can you show a screenshot of where you see the call forwarding to this number? http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

Attachments

• 20220713215054.jpg
    20220713215054.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 2

Snow3

Jul 10, 2022
Visit site
I never tried to go to boost the carrier. I set it up on line and. I didn't think to try them to be honest. Is this gonna be us mobile or boost.. att is the carrier for us mobile and then the other is dish with boost new network

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I get random numbers there on my s22U which I believe your sim card puts their automatic, if you long press each one you can turn off and see if that helps

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I never tried to go to boost the carrier. I set it up on line and. I didn't think to try them to be honest. Is this gonna be us mobile or boost.. att is the carrier for us mobile and then the other is dish with boost new network

That number is likely due to US Mobile, then. Since you're currently with Boost Mobile, contact Boost's support first.