AT&T users what's your thoughts on the Urbane 2nd Edition?

pounder001

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
AT&T is offering a "FREE" refurbished Urbane 2E and I was thinking of getting my 1st smart watch but wanted to get some feedback from current AT&T users
Also I see that AW2.0, has yet to be released to the Urbane 2E, is that correct? Is it slated to get it?

TIA

mdw1995

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Re: AT&T users what's your thoughts on the Urbane 2nd Edition?

AT&T is offering a "FREE" refurbished Urbane 2E and I was thinking of getting my 1st smart watch but wanted to get some feedback from current AT&T users
Also I see that AW2.0, has yet to be released to the Urbane 2E, is that correct? Is it slated to get it?

TIA
Yes it is on the list to receive 2.0. 2.0 hasn't been released to any watches yet (other than the new LG watches released last month). The preview is available but not the final release. I'm not using AT&T (Truphone SIM in mine) so can't answer for that part.

evlarberryman

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site

TIA

Yes, the LGU2 will get the update eventually but don't hold your breath waiting. Because LG has released two new watches with the AW2.0 software release - they will likely drag their feet in updating last year's watch (LGU2). As far as the watch goes, I think it's the best Android Wear watch their is, particularly of those with cellular connectivity. The battery is the largest available which is very important on smartwatches. The watch looks and operates great. The AT&T deal is a good one.

mofo124452

Mar 1, 2017
Visit site
I second that. I got one when they first came out via ATT and I've been happy with it. I can do some things now without a phone. I have it giving me my notifications for upcoming appointments (google) and it even tells me how long it takes to get there with current traffic. I have used puji black software (I think that's the name) and it gives me the weather and my google notifications with that complications feature right in the watch face which is what android wear 2.0 is supposed to do. That program was re-written I think to support android wear 2.0 and my watch functions with it now with Android wear 1.6. Every now and then it won't update but for the most part it works just fine. It uses a lot of power though so beware. Of course I get all text messages except for iMessages. Currently, I am using the stock LG weather watch face but when I have an appointment, the watch will still remind me of that appointment and tell me how long it takes to get there - no phone needed. Sometimes even OK Google works without the phone.

I do agree - I want that Android Wear 2.0 because then I can do more and have individual programs on the watch instead of having to hit up my cheap LG Android phone that I had to buy just for that watch. I am an iPhone user and I know that the iPhone software doesn't give you as many features as you can get with pairing with an Android phone. I have to say that this watch is so much better than what you can get with apple as they don't have any LTE watches (yet).
I hope this helps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brownsjames