Bluetooth range reduction while running.

Allilang S

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
I replaced my gear fit with the Urbane for the specific reason that I don't have to lug my Note 4 around when I run to listen to music on my bluetooth headset.

When I run the bluetooth range becomes about a foot and a half. At first I thought it was a lose antenna wire causing my music to skip. However, if I hold my hand right next to the headset, the music is perfect. If I put my arm down, the music cuts out entirely. I tried testing the range out at work and I was getting about 20 feet of range when I left my watch on my desk.

I'm thinking the antenna is in the body and my sweat might be shorting it out.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
I replaced my gear fit with the Urbane for the specific reason that I don't have to lug my Note 4 around when I run to listen to music on my bluetooth headset.

When I run the bluetooth range becomes about a foot and a half. At first I thought it was a lose antenna wire causing my music to skip. However, if I hold my hand right next to the headset, the music is perfect. If I put my arm down, the music cuts out entirely. I tried testing the range out at work and I was getting about 20 feet of range when I left my watch on my desk.

I'm thinking the antenna is in the body and my sweat might be shorting it out.

bluetooth likes a line of sight. block it with your body and it's a problem.

Allilang S

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
I never had a problem with my note 4. It would skip maybe once every few minutes but nothing like the skipping every few seconds with my urbane.

Allilang S

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
Update:
I've decided to return my urbane. I took it to the service center and he confirmed I was sold a defective device. They made me go to the store I bought it from for an exchange which is in Seoul and 2 hours away from my house. They had none in stock and so I said I want a refund in that case. I had forgot the receipt at home and asked if they would be open Sunday and they said 'yes'. It is now Sunday and they tell me they can't do it because they can't comtact the repair guy.

The repair guy closes shop at 6, I get out of work at 5 and It's 2 hours to the store. Right now I will do anything to return this piece of junk and never get an LG product again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress