LG Urbane notifications when on WiFi away from the phone?

cyberranger

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I have an LG Urbane and an HTC M8. The phone and the watch are both connected to the same WiFi. I turn off blue tooth on my phone to test the watch getting notifications via WiFi.

I have someone send me a hangouts message and an email. Nothing. Turn Bluetooth on the phone back on, the messages arrive.

I've read many places where people say this should work. What am I missing?

(Cloud sync is turned on from the phone)

cyberranger

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I checked my router. The MAC address of the phone is listed in the router as a connected user.

This post - https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!msg/android-wear/XB6-QPFxaeE/ceFxO-GOCAAJ - seems to have worked for a lot of people. I tried it once without success. Getting ready to try a second time.

Please follow all of these steps in order:

On the phone:
Use the Disconnect... option in Android Wear.
Settings, Bluetooth and Forget... the watch so it no longer appears in the list of paired devices.
Settings, Device, Apps, select Google Play Services. Clear cache and Clear data.
Settings, Device, Apps, select Android Wear. Clear cache and Clear data.
Play Store, Apps, My apps, make sure there are no pending updates to AW, GPS or any other Google software. If there are, touch the Update all button.
On the watch:
Settings, Reset.
Now set up the watch as if you had just unboxed it.

JJCook

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
I've done the things listed here and I do have wifi connectivity on my Urbane. The problem is that when I move away from my LG V10 and bluetooth is lost, I lose all communication with my watch even if I'm still connected to wifi. I thought the phone and watch were still supposed to be able to communicate over WiFi.

Am I doing something wrong?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo