Can't Get Google Text notifications

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Hi all! I am trying to switch from Samsung's message app to Google Messages so I can receive and send texts from my tablet or computer as well as my watch and phone.

I got everything set up working perfectly with Google text on watch and phone and tablet and computer. They all send and receive fine.

Problem is although I have notifications turned on for Google Messages in Samsung's Wear app for watch but no notifications! The messages are there in the watch but no way to know when a new one comes in.

I tried everything I can think of.

Has anyone got the Google text notifications working in watch?

All my other notifications work fine. I emailed Google and they said call Samsung!

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Hi all! I am trying to switch from Samsung's message app to Google Messages so I can receive and send texts from my tablet or computer as well as my watch and phone.

I got everything set up working perfectly with Google text on watch and phone and tablet and computer. They all send and receive fine.

Problem is although I have notifications turned on for Google Messages in Samsung's Wear app for watch but no notifications! The messages are there in the watch but no way to know when a new one comes in.

All my other notifications work fine. I emailed Google and they said call Samsung!
Anyone else have Galaxy watch and using Google Messages through a Samaung phone?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
If I remember awhile back someone had this issue with Google messages and watch , Samsung message no issues, I would report it to Samsung in the meantime we see if other members have a work around.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I already reported to Google. They say tell Samsung. I imagine Samsung will tell me to use theit own app or tell Google.

I have found articles about it on the net but their fixes don't work.

Reactions: mustang7757

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Samsung messages comes on their phones and tablets. Why would I flash it?

Google messages works in every way except notifications on G5 watch.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Samsung messages works fine on VZW devices if they are VZW devices. My tablet is WIFI only Samsung messages can't be set up. I get a message in setup of Samsung messages on tablet that VZW won't allow it to send and receive my VZW texts.

I'm actually surprised it lets me send texts from my tablet using Google Messages but it does. Google messages works on tablets and computers as well as vzw cell phone but to work phone must choose Google messages as default text app which brings me back to notifications from GM don't work on Galaxy watches.

Bottom line is I can look at texts in my tablet OR get text notifications on my Galaxy watch, not both.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Samsung messages works fine on VZW devices if they are VZW devices. My tablet is WIFI only Samsung messages can't be set up. I get a message in setup of Samsung messages on tablet that VZW won't allow it to send and receive my VZW texts.

I'm actually surprised it lets me send texts from my tablet using Google Messages but it does. Google messages works on tablets and computers as well as vzw cell phone but to work phone must choose Google messages as default text app which brings me back to notifications from GM don't work on Galaxy watches.

Bottom line is I can look at texts in my tablet OR get text notifications on my Galaxy watch, not both.
Gotcha, what about Verizon message plus app?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Gotcha, what about Verizon message plus app?
That's the one I'd have to flash on tablet but I imagine it can't work on a non vzw device even it it has their software. It sounds like theft of services to flash their app and use it even if it did work. That I wouldn't mess with.

The only advantage of Google Messages is that it works on anything.

Reactions: mustang7757

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
That's the one I'd have to flash on tablet but I imagine it can't work on a non vzw device even it it has their software. It sounds like theft of services to flash their app and use it even if it did work. That I wouldn't mess with.

The only advantage of Google Messages is that it works on anything.
I hear you , still report this to Samsung and Google again

Reactions: recDNA

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site

~I have the Watch 6 Classic 43mm Bluetooth. (Galaxy s22 Ultra unlocked on T-Mobile)

~Husband has the Watch 6 Classic 47mm Bluetooth (also a Galaxy s22 Ultra unlocked on T-Mobile)

The notifications for Google Messages work on both our watches. I know this isn't going to help you, but the notifications are working for us. Also works on my Watch 3 Bluetooth model.

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I also use Google messages with the S23 and Watch 5 pro. Everything works perfect. I'm on TMo towers through Mint Mobile. Seems as this is a Verizon issue.

Reactions: recDNA

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201