Linux USB Drive (USB drive being Epic 4g SD Card)

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Is it possible to make a boot flash drive for linux from my sd card? I put unbuntu netbook on my sd card with the USB installer they gave from the site. Computer wouldn't boot up linux.

I've never used a usb flash drive before so I don't know if I'm doing something wrong. I went into BIOS and changed USB to the first slot. HMM.

OR will it just not work from the phone? Anyone know?

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I don't think that you can but off the SD card if its in your phone still. I would just use an SD card reader or just get a $10 thumb drive for this purpose.

Edit: I just thought too, you prob have to format the Ubuntu download, I had to do that with Ubuntu 10.10. I was booting off CD though. The Ubuntu site has very good step by step instructions for installation.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I've done 64 and 32bit version CD's and they worked fine.

I guess it's just trying off the phone. Probably a problem mounting even though it says it is. That's kinda what I figured though. My computer doesn't have a media card reader. Would be easier to get a flash drive.

Thanks.

Nitros7

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
What are you using to make the boot disk? I would recommend pendrivelinux.com... There utility is really no muss no fuss IMO. As for booting to your phone I have not tried booting with the phone plugged in, guess it all depends on how the phone is seen by the computer at boot... If your BIOS reads it as a generic usb dive right away it should work... Try to figure out what button brings up your boot menu and select usb device... If that dose not work more then likely your system's BIOS dose not see the phone as a drive, could be the end of the line but a BIOS update may fix the problem as well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87