FYI Beware if you are paying for items via PayPal gift or personal.

Bren S.

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Please be aware that if you are purchasing items here or anywhere else and are paying for them using PayPal via gift or personal that you are NOT protected at all with PayPal should you not receive your item, if it is defective, or your purchase in any way goes awry. Feel free to verify this with PayPal themselves if you wish.
If you pay that way you will be out the $$$ if something goes wrong.
Anyone who is selling something should have no issues doing it the right way, even if it means they wait x amount of time for PayPal to release funds.
Just an fyi.

Sent telepathically via my Galaxy Nexus

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Good info, but I do trust a few, such as Wildo6882, mbar9607, blackjaguar25.

Thanks Pappy. Like I posted in the scam thread, you should never do it when dealing with someone without extensive feedback or with whom you hadn't dealt with before. Some people are honest and will not rip you off. But after the recent scams going on in here, if you don't have the history or can't point people to your feedback on CrackBerry, eBay, Swappa, etc., then do not send as gift.

Bren S.

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
The point isn't about feedback, or trust.
The point is that there is ZERO protection if PayPal payments are sent as a gift, or personal.
That is a fact that no one can argue with.
There is also no reason for a seller or a buyer to not do regular PayPal payments, and plenty of reason why they should.
If someone still chooses to knowingly send someone a gift PayPal payment after reading this and knowing they are not protected then so be it.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
The point isn't about feedback, or trust.
The point is that there is ZERO protection if PayPal payments are sent as a gift, or personal.
That is a fact that no one can argue with.
There is also no reason for a seller or a buyer to not do regular PayPal payments, and plenty of reason why they should.
If someone still chooses to knowingly send someone a gift PayPal payment after reading this and knowing they are not protected then so be it.

Don't they take less in fees when sent as a gift?

That alone is a great reason

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Bren S.

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
The fees are minimal at best, and a reputable seller would just figure out what they wish to sell their item for and figure in the fee.
It's not that difficult.
Again, if paying by gift or personal the purchaser has NO protection.
That IS and WAS the point of my post.

Goldchamp

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
And I would MUCH rather pay the fees than be out the money for a phone..it amazes me how many people put pay pal gift only to avoid a $5-$10 fee

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
And I would MUCH rather pay the fees than be out the money for a phone..it amazes me how many people put pay pal gift only to avoid a $5-$10 fee

The point is that if the person asks for gift and you want it to be regular payment, and they demand gift and won't do a regular payment under any circumstance, then don't do business with them.

I've always asked for gift, but have never once taken it personal when someone wanted to pay it as goods and services. And I will always work with someone.

That was my point. That's the difference between honest sellers and scammers.

apilpil

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
But even if you pay it as merchandise, protection to purchases out of ebay and other webs that need descriptions of items to be publiched, is limited... I'm not completely sure, but I think it only covers not received items, not items different as described. So if someone really wants to play you, he can send a brick in a box and paypal won't do anything for you, no matter how many fees you pay...

dsuppa

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
and the point of your post was what? To tell everyone in the forum what they already know? Thanks!........but I like to keep every dollar of something, PayPal and ebay have gotten out of control with thier "cuts".

Bren S.

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
and the point of your post was what? To tell everyone in the forum what they already know? Thanks!........but I like to keep every dollar of something, PayPal and ebay have gotten out of control with thier "cuts".
Your welcome :)
The point of my post can be clearly be found within the post.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch