Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: Which Android launcher do you think is the best?

Voters
1266. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stock Android

86 6.79%
  • PhilBlur

12 0.95%
  • Sense UI

141 11.14%
  • TouchWiz

39 3.08%
  • ADW

203 16.03%
  • Launcher Pro

657 51.90%
  • Other -- see my comments

125 9.87%
  • SlideScreen

3 0.24%
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Vote for your favorite launcher here

OK guys and gals, this one has been a long time coming. Some of us love the launcher than comes with the phone, be it Sense, Touchwiz, PhilBlur or vanilla. Some of us love the third party options, and find they add something that the OEM equipment lacks.

Vote in the poll, and comment away. It helps us know what you like, and it helps developers determine what they might need to add to their apps.

For the record -- I voted ADW. Love all the options, and the fact that it's open source puts it over the edge for me.
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리

Launcher Pro Plus for me!
    Palm Pre,Blackberry,HTC Evo 4g, HTC Evo LTE, Samsung Galaxy 2.10 Tablet, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy S5

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts

LauncherPro Plus for me as well.

ROM
    CyanogenMod 9

ADW for me. I've tried Launcher Pro; I can't say why, but I just didn't like it as much as ADW.

Default Re: Vote for your favorite launcher here

ADW, especially now that you can have custom icons. Here's to hoping that darch includes the new version in cm6rc2.

Sent from my CDMA Hero running CM6. Got me some hot froyo on hero action!
    This post has +3 to topic derailment.
    Thanked by:

Sweeter Home 2 beta!! Launcher Pro plus was a close 2nd, but Sweeter Home 2 is it.

Global Posts
    1,371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unrooted

Philblur. Yep I said it, went there got the tee shirt. I have tried ADW and LauncherPro; while nice and snappy, I just prefer Philblur/Motoblur/BlurSomething for some reason.
    4G LTE Thunderbolt

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1.1 jb / stock 4.1

Using Launcher Pro Plus, and I like it a great deal. I really preferred the look and feel of ADW much better though, but it force closed way too much if I used more than three screens.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,393 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 7 / Incredikernel .37

Quote Originally Posted by gbhil View Post
    OK guys and gals, this one has been a long time coming. Some of us love the launcher than comes with the phone, be it Sense, Touchwiz, PhilBlur or vanilla. Some of us love the third party options, and find they add something that the OEM equipment lacks.

Vote in the poll, and comment away. It helps us know what you like, and it helps developers determine what they might need to add to their apps.

For the record -- I voted ADW. Love all the options, and the fact that it's open source puts it over the edge for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by user7618 View Post
    ADW, especially now that you can have custom icons. Here's to hoping that darch includes the new version in cm6rc2.

Sent from my CDMA Hero running CM6. Got me some hot froyo on hero action!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali Fazel View Post
    ADW for me. I've tried Launcher Pro; I can't say why, but I just didn't like it as much as ADW.

ok somebody here is lying haha. i just voted adw and it says that their are 3 votes for adw. so who is it!

adw is probably the smoothest launcher i have used. its lightweight and customizable. what more could a android-o-holic like myself as for in a launcher

I'm the oddball I guess. I'm digging Slidescreen Pro right now.
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Launcher Pro FTW.

Global Posts
    99 Global Posts

Launcher Pro Plus all the way!

I like LauncherPro the most so far, however resizing widgets requires buying LauncherPro Plus (I guess I'll do it sometimes) while other launchers/themers allow it. I also have Open Home on my Quench (Android 1.5) and it's a pretty simple lightweight launcher and aHome themes are compatible so I'd vote for that for non-2.1 users.
    HTC Desire / CyanogenMod 7.1
    Motorola can kiss my a##

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

Zeam Launcher

Not sure yet why I like it over ADW or LauncherPro.

ADW. By Far. I love the customization options and the fact that I was able to make it have more icons in the app tray and have my "swipe up" gesture show the 7 home screens.

Simple stuff, but it works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    ok somebody here is lying haha. i just voted adw and it says that their are 3 votes for adw. so who is it!

adw is probably the smoothest launcher i have used. its lightweight and customizable. what more could a android-o-holic like myself as for in a launcher
    Lol, that would be me, apparently, there's a poll to click. It doesn't show on tapatalk. I'll have to get on with my laptop later.

EDIT: Voted finally.

Sent from my CDMA Hero. I got me some hot froyo on hero action here!
    Last edited by user7618; 08-26-2010 at 10:47 AM.
    This post has +3 to topic derailment.

My DroidXreally came to life with LaunchetPro Plus. Working with the Moto widgets resizing is great.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Google didn't license "Droid" from Lucasarts, which makes the Moto Droid better than Nexus One.......
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by sookster54 View Post
    I also have Open Home on my Quench (Android 1.5) and it's a pretty simple lightweight launcher and aHome themes are compatible so I'd vote for that for non-2.1 users.
    Changed my mind, once I found LiveHome I scratched Open Home, looks much cleaner, more customizable and doesn't lag.

LauncherPro (Plus) still #1 for 2.1> though.
    HTC Desire / CyanogenMod 7.1
    Motorola can kiss my a##

I was torn beteen ADW and Launcher Pro. Launcher Pro just seems easier to use to me. There's definitely more options with ADW and I like that you can change the look of the deck (is there an option for that with LauncherPro?) but I just like the overall feel of LauncherPro more.

I listed Sense.....I tried LauncherPro, but got fairly regular FC's, and didn't see the advantages. It seems that folks like LauncherPro, but then replicate Sense's icons and widgets with other 3rd party solutions.

Other than landscape and the 3D drawer, what advantages do folks see in using LauncherPro or other launchers?

Quote Originally Posted by bujin View Post
    I listed Sense.....I tried LauncherPro, but got fairly regular FC's, and didn't see the advantages. It seems that folks like LauncherPro, but then replicate Sense's icons and widgets with other 3rd party solutions.

Other than landscape and the 3D drawer, what advantages do folks see in using LauncherPro or other launchers?
    There's quite a few actually. With LauncherPro you can add a 5th rom to the homescreens. In the App drawer you can app up to 5 columns in portrait and 8 in landscape. With ADW you can do up to 8 rows on the homescreen and landscape. With Launcher pro you also have a horizontal scrolling customizable deck where you can pick quick launch icons. That's something that I like a LOT. Also the screen transitions from the homescreen to whatever app you chose is also MUCH better. I used to LOVE Sense but the fact that I can get the Sense style widgets including the soon to be released "Friends" widget widget which is basically the Friendstream. Then theres the custom skins you can add and what not. It allows you to really customize your phone and that's the beauty of Android.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by bujin View Post

The three big items I like in Launcher Pro Plus over Sense UI are:
    1) The scrollable dock at the bottom, can place up to 5 shortcuts per dock, 3 docks max. So a total of 15 quick access items. (ADW I believe has an unlimited single scrolling dock). What makes LP better imo, is the ability to ALSO have gesture control on an icon. So one icon in your dock such as the Telephone icon, can launch your dialer when clicked, but launch your contacts when 'swiped' up upon. That way you now have 30 potential actions in 15 slots. While I like ADW's infinite, I find it much more intuitive to swipe up on certain items rather than scroll to another icon.

2) Support for Scrollable Widgets (ADW has this too, but Sense does NOT other than the sense widgets).

3) Ability to place more icons per screen. You can add an additional row in LP vs Sense. (In ADW you can add 2 more columns and/or 4 more rows, for an 8x6 grid!!)

I've honestly been on the fence myself between LP Pro and ADW, but the swiping per icon is what finally sold me. If ADW were to implement that.. I'd probably switch back haha

NOTE: There is one item where Sense UI seems to have a clear advantage in my mind and that's "FriendStream". To date, no other widget comes close with the functionality. Pure Messenger Widget is a great start and a nice runner up, but it lacks several integrations that make Friendstream so nice to use. That's the one Widget I just hated losing. Keep in mind when talking about Sense here, I"m refering to the LAUNCHER.. not the overall Sense integration in a ROM. That for me is a Must. The contact integration and such remain with you even if you use another launcher. (Just don't flash a rom without 'sense' as part of it's code).

Quote Originally Posted by Jerzyiroc
    "Friends" widget
    Where I can I find info about this??? Who makes it etc..

Quote Originally Posted by JuniorWWT View Post
    Sweeter Home 2 beta!! Launcher Pro plus was a close 2nd, but Sweeter Home 2 is it.
    I'm a launcher pro fan, but I'm very intrigued by the possibilities with Sweeter Home. I'm going to have to play with it quite a bit, but I may eventually convert! Thanks for the recommendation!

Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    ROM
    InsertCoin 1.1.1

I installed LauncherPro Free earlier today. Ten minutes later I bought the full version and now I've turned Sense off altogether. :P I absolutely love it, so much snappier and overall quicker and more responsive. The amount of customization's brilliant, too. I've yet to give ADW a try, might do so later on.

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

Launcher Pro Plus
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast