Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Kyocera Rise stuck on black screen

I've had my Kyocera Rise for what will be 1 year at the end of Dec. and now it's acting up. I was doing something I do on a regular basis and my entire screen glitched, so I removed the battery and restarted. It turned on the Rise by Kyocera screen, then just stayed there for about 30 seconds, then went black. I pressed the button to unlock it, and all the lights come on, but the screen stays, well black, but lit up. So I have no image at all on my screen, but I tried taking the back off again and I pressed the camera button, and it took a picture, all I saw and still see is a black lit up screen, and the only way to get that to go away is if I lock it, which does nothing when I unlock it again.

Is there anyway to fix this?

Default Re: Kyocera Rise stuck on black screen

Welcome to Android Central! Try the instructions here: How to Reset Your Kyocera Rise | Everyday Life - Global Post

Try selecting "wipe cache partition" first, then reboot the system. If that still doesn't work, you may have to do a full factory reset by selecting the "wipe data" option.