[GUIDE] Root your Kyocera Rise!

NovaThunder

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I just rooted my cousin's Kyocera Rise from Public Mobile with the same methodology I've done yesterday and on the same computer too. Since I wanted to do the exact same steps I uninstalled PDANet from my Windows. Then I've done every steps as mentionned in my previous post. It rooted without any issue too. Remember, our Rise phones are model C5156 so it may or may not work for model C5155 which is either tied to Virgin or Sprint.

EDIT: I've rooted 3 Kyocera Rise model C5156 (public mobile) so far using this method. Came back here to thank you again :)

Last edited:

Carlos Valle1

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Hopefully I get a respond as I'm not too sure how often anyone else checks this anymore. I have followed the steps word for word and when I open the runme.bat it reads "the system cannot find the path specified.
Pushing busybox...
Pushing su binary
Pushing superuser app
Making busybox runable

(cannot find path specified is between each push above)
Please look at your device and click RESTORE (my phone never gives me a prompt to choose restore)
warning about it running forever if it doesn't work
system cannot find path specified

Successful, going to reboot your phone in 10 seconds. (phone never reboots) Can someone help please?

Actually never mind. I just kept trying this very method and eventually it worked so my phone is now rooted. Now onto trying to get cwm :)

Last edited:

drewlaramee

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
When I try to download the "krise.zip" file my phone won't let me download it, and I have tried multiple times.

- - - Updated - - -

When I try to download the "krise.zip" file my phone won't let me download it, and I have tried multiple times.

firstknight64

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi I succeeded once with the progrm,now i am trying to do a friends and I get this : Make a choice: 1
Checking if i should run in Normal Mode or special Sony Mode
Please connect your device with USB-Debugging enabled now
The system cannot find the path specified.

Normal Mode enabled!

Pushing busybox....
Pushing su binary ....
Pushing Superuser app
Making busybox runable ...
Please look at your device and click RESTORE!
If all is successful i will tell you, if not this shell will run forever.
Running ...
Successful, going to reboot your device in 10 seconds!
Waiting for device to show up again....
Going to copy files to it's place
You can close all open command-prompts now!
After reboot all is done! Have fun!
Bin4ry
Press any key to continue . . .

any ideas? thank you

techsavvywannabee

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Worked great. Just rooted the phone with your process, didn't work at first until I realized I needed to install the phone drivers on the computer. After that, the process started, was very efficient, and now the phone is rooted. Hooray! Thank you!

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
So I need some quick help because I am a moron. My phone started acting buggy, so without a though I reset back to stock. Super su wasn't set as a system app and therefore was removed. I though that I was unrooted for a while after this and continued using the phone as normal. Then I realized that I still had root without having super su installed because the binaries were still there. When super su installed, there was a corruption that caused the app to crash when it requested root access.

I decided that I should uninstall the binaries in order to attempt to reroot the phone. Now when I try to use this root tool, it gets to the point where the phone is supposed to restart right after the backup and restore, but it never does anything, it just goes back to the home screen. When I tried to install super su, it said that the binaries could not be written, blah, blah, blah. Now I am just wondering if there is any way to recover from this becuase I don't want to have a non rootable phone. Is there a way to forcibly overwrite the binaries even if most programs won't allow you to? I know it was stupid to not learn how to root the rise the hard way, but oh well. Stupid kyocera not allowing us to use custom recoveries. Any help is appreciated.

JrVence

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Re: [GUIDE] Root your Kyocera event

Just download poot then run from googleplay and ministro and super user then reboot superuser rights will be granted once you uncheck ota updates you will see message on top with #sign then download root checker free version and you will see of course root ed what else message

JrVence

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
So I need some quick help because I am a moron. My phone started acting buggy, so without a though I reset back to stock. Super su wasn't set as a system app and therefore was removed. I though that I was unrooted for a while after this and continued using the phone as normal. Then I realized that I still had root without having super su installed because the binaries were still there. When super su installed, there was a corruption that caused the app to crash when it requested root access.

I decided that I should uninstall the binaries in order to attempt to reroot the phone. Now when I try to use this root tool, it gets to the point where the phone is supposed to restart right after the backup and restore, but it never does anything, it just goes back to the home screen. When I tried to install super su, it said that the binaries could not be written, blah, blah, blah. Now I am just wondering if there is any way to recover from this becuase I don't want to have a non rootable phone. Is there a way to forcibly overwrite the binaries even if most programs won't allow you to? I know it was stupid to not learn how to root the rise the hard way, but oh well. Stupid kyocera not allowing us to use custom recoveries. Any help is appreciated.

Tod Soldat

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the guide and the links, worked like a charm the first try. My Rise isn't even a month old
944249_421145174668369_677403215_n.jpg
:cool:

Pete Miller

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I followed all the instructions and then downloaded Root Check Basic from Google Play and it told me my device does not appear to have proper root access. :(

Peter Bouchard

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
GREAT!!!
Im from Hamilton Ontario, I bought a Kyocera Rise From public mobile. This phone was probably one of the hardest phones to Root for me. this took me a whole week. I almost gave up.
I wanna thank you sooo much for the help.

Absolutely Worked On my phone. Thank you, thank you, thank you. lol

Peter Bouchard Five Thumbs Up

Dave Parker

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi I'm new to the forums Hamilton ontario here with a rooted Public Mobile Kyocera rise just wondered if anyone has successfully ported or developed a version of rom manager for this phone or if there are any roms out there anywhere I rooted with poot and ministro and a few good root apps I'm currently using pimp my rom app anyone know of a decent battery saving app? Or any fun/cool root customization apps?. Thanks in advance

Dave

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Hi I'm new to the forums Hamilton ontario here with a rooted Public Mobile Kyocera rise just wondered if anyone has successfully ported or developed a version of rom manager for this phone or if there are any roms out there anywhere I rooted with poot and ministro and a few good root apps I'm currently using pimp my rom app anyone know of a decent battery saving app? Or any fun/cool root customization apps?. Thanks in advance

Dave

I tried jrummy's ROM toolbox a while ago. I liked it, but used it for a few days before uninstalling. Didn't care for the extra tweaking options. It does have options for customizing the phone that are good, though. As for battery saving apps... I don't bother with them anymore, frankly. Most of them (in my experience) randomly lock up the phone when switching 3G/wifi ON while coming out of sleep mode. I just use a toggle app, Notification Toggle. That allows me to control 3G, wifi and data syncing manually from the notification menu. Most of the time I leave 3g and wifi off (which saves a good deal of battery), unless absolutely needed. With the app I just mentioned, it's easy to turn them back on when needed without going through setup menus.

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure? Did you use a root checker app, or type su in a terminal? The terminal method is the best to check for root. It will show you a # if you have root.

As for the poster that asked about battery apps... Did some research. Found green power to work the best. Just uncheck the S2 option, uncheck autosync, and make sure the 3g/wifi comes back on as soon as the screen is turned on.

orchid5683

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
Thanks dear cole, my question is, whats next should i dwnld an tether app? and which one do you recommand

The one I use is simply called WiFi Tether with a yellow WiFi symbol from the PlayStore. I have tried over a half dozen and this one seems to stay connected the best (When trying to wireless tether with other programs they seem to lose connection when the phone (c5155-Virgin Rise) takes back turning on WiFi. I have not figured out how to stop the phone from randomly turning WiFi back on by itself so you get randomly disconnected from other WiFi apps. (You want WiFi turned OFF if you are tethering other devices to use your 3G connection because otherwise your phone will be searching for a WiFi connection to connect to which can majorly slow things down if it grabs one)

I have had no problem getting laptops to connect with just generic settings, but there is TONS of user control in this app and I got a d2-Pad (d2-911) that I needed WiFi for, couldn't get it to connect till I changed Device-Profile to "Generic ICS/JB wlan0" and Setup-Method to "Netd(master)". I do not use any encryption (but it has it if you want it), and I do not use the access control (but I have before, it works great), and I DO use the "Keep Alive Connection" setting. On Virgin Mobile I pay $45/month for 1200 min and unlimited data for my phone, pad, laptops, even my desktop computer when someone parks their travel trailer in front of my antenna! Hope this is useful for some! android-wifi-tether - Wireless Tether for Root Users - Google Project Hosting

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress