Galaxy Tab 10.1 or Motorola Xoom

cordoni

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Got a Xoom. I like the fact that the updates should come quickly since it is essentially the "Nexus" tablet. Plus Samsung does not use standard file formatting, making lag fix a must just to get their devices smooth. Finally, I like vanilla honneycomb, no touchwiz for me ever again (shudder).

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Joelist

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I'll vote for a third party - Lenovo IdeaPad K1. Really well thought out tab - there is detailed info in the Lenovo subforums.

drethos

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Even with the TouchWiz UI?

Yes i can say going from xoom with 3.0 to 3.1. My samsung with 3.1 and touchwiz is atleast imo far superior to the xoom in alot of ways. Weight being the biggest, speaker setup and quality, button placement, buil quality, ui feel and functuality is imo much much better on the samsung g-tab than the xoom.
Yeagh the g-tab has a plastic back it still feels much more solid and well built. Yes you loseva native card reader but you can MAKE your own.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Herk_FE

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
How is the build quality better on a plastic tablet that feels like it's ready to break in half?

The composition of the Xoom definitely feels more sturdy and solid in the hand.

The G-tab is sleek and thin and really nice but if durability is a desire I personally feel that it's lacking in that department. The truth is under the hood most of the big name honeycomb tabs are running the same guts. The choice is between form factor, screen, and differentiating features.

Major

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
The Galaxy Tab is lighter and has a better screen. The Xoom has SD card support, timely updates, and based on anecdotal evidence on this site, less software issues than the Tab.

CarrierUnlock

Wireless Unlocking
Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
The Galaxy Tab is lighter and has a better screen. The Xoom has SD card support, timely updates, and based on anecdotal evidence on this site, less software issues than the Tab.

Couldn't have summed it up better myself. Plus it's cheaper :p.

The sleekness of the Tab is very appealing though.

58Gemni

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I went through 2 Xooms and stuck with the Tab mainly for the screen clarity and brightness. I can live with the rest of the differences but the screen was the big one for me. As for cleaning the screens? with the Xoom I cleaned it twice a day, the Tab, once a week. And it wipes clean very easy.

johnny hotsauce

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I was having the same debate with myself on which one to buy, I narrowed my choices to the Sammy GTab, Toshiba Thrive and the Moto Xoom.

I ultimately ended up with the Xoom, the biggest reason being that it was the tab equivilent to the Nexus and my Epic and lack of or slow updates kind of turned me off to Sammy in regards to Android. I also like vanilla Honeycomb over cheesewhiz plus it felt like a more solid built device. Also the fact that Tiger Direct is selling refurbs for $399 swayed my descision a bit as well :) The $200 difference is price between the Xoom and GTab for similar specs was kind of a no brainer.

So far a week with the Xoom and I love it, the thing is fast as hell, very stable and does pretty much most of what I need so far and I'm still learning more about it every day!

CarrierUnlock

Wireless Unlocking
Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Can't say I have been disappointed just yet. Actually contemplating in getting the Speaker HD Dock and the Bluetooth Wireless Keyboard as well.t

fevetbeing

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Seems that the Xoom is a little more powerful to handle multitasks based on my experience. Besides, in terms of design, I think Xoom is better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38