Samsung tablet

Kattia

Dec 29, 2023
Visit site
Hello, I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 (4G LTE SM-T535) that used to belong to my sister, who died almost a year ago. The tablet is from Spain, so everything is in Spanish. Is there a way that I can unlock the tablet without the password? and without losing any data, I do not want any hard reset, because I do not have any other info to get the info back into the tablet. thanks.

Reactions: notforhire

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I moved this from the Introductions forum to the Tab4 10.1 forum, since you have a specific question.

Firstly, our condolences for the loss of your sister. Unfortunately, there is no good way to bypass the password security. If you're able to log into her Samsung account online, you might be able to remotely unlock it, but of course that means you would need to know her Samsung account login information.

You might consider contacting Samsung directly and asking if they have any policy about bypassing security on a compassionate basis (which I imagine would require some way of authenticating who you are and that you're recognized next of kin).

Kattia

Dec 29, 2023
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I moved this from the Introductions forum to the Tab4 10.1 forum, since you have a specific question.

Firstly, our condolences for the loss of your sister. Unfortunately, there is no good way to bypass the password security. If you're able to log into her Samsung account online, you might be able to remotely unlock it, but of course that means you would need to know her Samsung account login information.

You might consider contacting Samsung directly and asking if they have any policy about bypassing security on a compassionate basis (which I imagine would require some way of authenticating who you are and that you're recognized next of kin).
Thank you, I have a chat with Samsung but they never mentioned something about the next kin.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hello, I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 (4G LTE SM-T535) that used to belong to my sister, who died almost a year ago. The tablet is from Spain, so everything is in Spanish. Is there a way that I can unlock the tablet without the password? and without losing any data, I do not want any hard reset, because I do not have any other info to get the info back into the tablet. thanks.
Welcome to AC!

We had a recent article on this so nothing here we can help with unfortunately.