Android Tablet vs. iPad vs. Windows Tablet

What would you recommend?

• Total voters

amgalloway

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
I have been doing some serious research about a new tablet, and have narrowed it down to Android, Windows, and iOS.

So I was thinking an ASUS tablet (such as Transformer Prime or something) or an iPad 2/3 (depends on my current $ situation) or an Acer Iconia Pad W500.

Which OS or tablet would you recommend?

magoxr

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi! I would go for the Android tablet. The library of Android applications is steadily increasing and it's open source. Apple has great software, which is where they really excel.

Windows is great too, but from my experience on windows, it gets slow over time. All three are constantly updated, and but Apple and Microsoft charge for upgrades to the OS. Android is free.

I used to be all for Apple OS. As soon as I started playing with Android, I became very fond of it. There is amazing support for Android in forums such as this one. Also, rooting is an amazing aspect of android and can unlock serious potential in technology.

I definitely recomend Android. Updates are steady, and in the case that they are not, then you can always swap your ROM. I hope this helps. Best of luck!

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk

Speedygi

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
If you want a polished and almost bug free environment, go IPad ... Cause the games and all the apps just work. If you hate rooting or tempering with anything more than the general settings go IOS and don't look back.

Other than that, go for Transformer Prime because Android really shines in the tablet form and as ICS gets pushed things are sure to get much better. Plus it is a more open environment you got the file system you got options to install out of market apps...many more benefits follow

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I won an ipad2 and outside of using it for the camera attachment/ connector to download photos from my cameras as a backup at weddings and the ability to use it to connect to a projector, I love my kids rooted nook tablet....prefer the size etc, but it's not as polished as the ipad but the size and price are right.

ksevern

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I like my iPhone, but use an Acer Android tab. I need more filing and document flexibility than I could have with iPad, which I had at one time. Felt it was just a bigger screen iPhone. Use my Acer to connect to projectors for PowerPoint presentations, play games, watch movies, etc. I like being able to arrange my screens as I like and to have widgets.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty