Which Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 or Galaxy Note 8.0?

Metal Chaos

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
Chances are I'm going to be upgrading from my Kindle Fire HD 8.9" Tablet to an actual Android Tablet. My choices are the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1" or the Samsung Galaxy Note 8". Right now I'm kinda leaning towards the Tab 2, due to it's larger screen size, but something about the Note is just appealing. I already have a "Phablet", an LG Optimus G Pro that has a 5.5" 1080p display. So I'm not sure if I should just go for the Tablet with the bigger screen or get the one that's more portable and has more processing power. Anyone have any thoughts?

Can anyone tell me anything that really sets them apart, other than screen size? One of the main reasons I'm wanting an actual tablet instead of a Kindle, is because several games coming out this year allow players to use Tablets, such as Battlefield 4 and Tom Clancy's: The Division. I'd also like to have one I just take around to places and stream movies and check my email when on the go and possibly read books on, when I want something larger than my phone or its battery is almost dead.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Sethbag

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
If you're wanting to use this on the go, the Galaxy Note 8 is definitely the hands-down winner. That 7-8" form factor is at the upper limit of what you can reasonably carry around in a large pocket, hold with one hand while using it, etc. After carrying around my daughter's Ipad 2 for a week before I bought my Note 8, I was definitely sold on the idea of the smaller pad. A month with my Note 8 and I'm definitely converted. I think of it as not so much a smaller screen than a 10" tablet, rather a much larger screen than my phone, and still usable in the same ways I use my phone (other than phone calls).

Not to mention, the quad-core cpu on the Galaxy Note 8 is much faster than the dual-core cpu in the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, and the Note 8 has twice the RAM. The RAM does make a difference when you're running a lot of apps on the device. Also, the Note 8 comes with Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean, whereas the Tab 2 10.1 comes with 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. I know when I upgraded my phone from ICS to Jelly Bean it seemed to get a noticeable boost in responsiveness and apparent speed.

Just one guy's opinion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress