OK Google "offline"

wrmoore47

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
For the last few days (not sure when it started) when I use OK Google, it goes to Speak Now, then when I say something like "set a reminder," it shows a multi-colored spinning circle for several seconds, the says "Offline." Other Bluetooth communication with the phone works fine. I'm not using watch WiFi. When I do this directly with my phone (Samsung GS6, AT&T), it works fine. I have restarted the watch (not reset yet) and restarted the phone with no change. It used to work fine. Any ideas what's wrong? Or how to fix it?

Randy

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
For the last few days (not sure when it started) when I use OK Google, it goes to Speak Now, then when I say something like "set a reminder," it shows a multi-colored spinning circle for several seconds, the says "Offline."

Unfortunately, this happens to me occasionally too. I have never been able to figure out what is actually causing it, but I usually end up rebooting the watch after trying to disconnect/reconnect in Wear with no luck, and cycling bluetooth with no luck.

It has to be one of THE most annoying things about the 360.

wrmoore47

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Well, clearing the phone (GS6) cache only worked for a short while, then the previous OK Google disconnect symptoms reappeared. Note that the watch retains its Bluetooth connection to the phone, and other watch-phone communications continue to work. A few hours after this, without me changing anything, I got a message saying that Android Wear on the watch had stopped, causing me to do a restart of the watch. I'm beginning to think something bad is going wrong.

So this morning, I did a factory reset of the phone. I hadn't done this before, but it is only a minor hassle. Took about a half hour. All my apps were reloaded on the phone, and my watch faces. However, my watch faces wouldn't communicate with the phone, though there were no errors. I did a resync of all apps - still didn't work. I tried OK Google. It accepted my "set a reminder" but then gave me the error about Google Play services not being on the phone. I seem to remember all this happening when I first got the watch. I had to do some other stuff fir an hour or so, then everything seemed to have sorted itself out somehow and for now everything is working again. I'll see how it goes for a day or so.

Google and/or Motorola (Lenova) need to sort out the watch reset stuff! It's very frustrating!

PS Somewhere in the above (I think after the Google Play services error) I did a clear cache on the phone again.

Last edited:

wrmoore47

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I've been living with this for almost a month. "OK Google" works for a while, then exhibits the symptoms I reported in the first post of this thread. Sometimes the problem resolves without me doing anything. More often, it goes away with a "clear cache" on the phone. Nothing I've tried fixes the problem so that it doesn't return. Hope Google/Motorola fix it soon!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699