Email on moto 360

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
What does everyone here and use for an email Solution on the Android Wear platform / Moto 360? They use that email icon with a red icon? Or do you just use the Gmail push notifications? If so, had to get into your Gmail inbox without the third-party stand-alone Play Store app?thanks.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I access my email using the push notification from Gmail. For me it does the trick because I'm able to delete incoming emails that I don't need and I'm notified when something important comes in and needs a quick response.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I access my email using the push notification from Gmail. For me it does the trick because I'm able to delete incoming emails that I don't need and I'm notified when something important comes in and needs a quick response.
Okay, but what about when you don't receive any email and you just want to check your Gmail inbox? That's what I'm really curious about.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Okay, but what about when you don't receive any email and you just want to check your Gmail inbox? That's what I'm really curious about.

In that case I just pull my phone out, not sure if I'd use even want to access my inbox if it was available. I very rarely even access my messenger inbox so I'm assuming my Gmail would be the same. Also most of my emails are a minimum of at least 3 or 4 paragraphs and trying to read on my watch wouldn't be worth it.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
In that case I just pull my phone out, not sure if I'd use even want to access my inbox if it was available. I very rarely even access my messenger inbox so I'm assuming my Gmail would be the same. Also most of my emails are a minimum of at least 3 or 4 paragraphs and trying to read on my watch wouldn't be worth it.
True I suppose the only thing is I'm big on email so it's nice but the problem is that the Google Play Store app for email inbox support for Gmail on the watch doesn't always sync properly. Are there give me double to Triple notifications, or if I delete the email message from the Play Store app it doesn't delete in the Gmail app. It is very annoying. That's why I'm wondering who just uses the Gmail push notifications and doesn't have a need for going into the inbox.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
True I suppose the only thing is I'm big on email so it's nice but the problem is that the Google Play Store app for email inbox support for Gmail on the watch doesn't always sync properly. Are there give me double to Triple notifications, or if I delete the email message from the Play Store app it doesn't delete in the Gmail app. It is very annoying. That's why I'm wondering who just uses the Gmail push notifications and doesn't have a need for going into the inbox.

Hopefully future versions of Android Wear will address the Gmail issue among others.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully future versions of Android Wear will address the Gmail issue among others.
Yes, yes. I mean I thought that having full inbox support from a third-party Google Play Store app for email inbox support was the right way to do it since I bought my Moto 360, but it's more annoying for additional notifications and the not deleting of email than it's worth if you know what I mean. I suppose I get it Gmail push notification just respond to them a lot and if I don't want to delete it like I normally would and if I want to go back to a message that I forgot about it on my phone I have to go to my phone. It's not worth that annoying hassle unfortunately...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87